Maturing drum temperature monitoring
- Replacement of gauge temperature sensor
- 150 seconds per revolution
- Each batch process takes about four hours
- Temperature is monitored to maintain consistency of the viscous fiber entering the drum.
- Existing system requires manual temperature readings.
- Wired temperature measurement is not available because the tank is rotating.
Wireless temperature measurement
- Gateway x1, transmitter (YTA) x1 at measuring point on the maturing drum
- Repeater x2 at fixed locations pointing in different directions (for redundancy)
- High quality wireless communication was confirmed.The PER (packet error rate) was 0%.
- The installation locations of the repeaters must be carefully chosen because the radio signal path changes dynamically as the transmitter rotates.
- On-line temperature measurement.
- Stable measurement of rotating tank.
- Robust communication with lower packet error rates.
Chemical plants rely on continuous and batch production processes, each posing different requirements for a control system. A continuous process calls for a robust and stable control system that will not fail and cause the shutdown of a production line, whereas the emphasis with a batch process is on having a control system that allows great flexibility in making adjustments to formulas, procedures, and the like. Both kinds of systems need to be managed in available quality history of product, and to be able to execute non-routine operations. With its extensive product portfolio, experienced systems engineers, and global sales and service network, Yokogawa has a solution for every plant process.
- Diverse needs of petrochemical companies’
- Improve quality, productivity
- Yokogawa tailor-made solutions, long and wide-ranging experience in this field
YFGW410 Field Wireless Management Station has system manager/security manager/gateway function based on ISA100.11a, and combining this with Field Wireless Access Point(YFGW510) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter(YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
YFGW520 Field Wireless Access Poin has backbone router function based on ISA, and combining this with Field Wireless Management Station (YFGW410) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter (YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
YFGW710 Field Wireless Integrated Gateway comply to the wireless communications standard ISA100.11a for industrial automation of International Society of Automation (ISA), and relays ISA100 Device data to the system via integrated backbone router. Single unit of YFGW710 has integrated functions of backbone router, system manager, security manage, and gateway.
The high performance temperature transmitter YTA510 accepts Thermocouple, RTD, ohms or DC mill volt inputs. The transmitters transmit not only process variables but also the setting parameters using wireless signal. The transmitters run on internal batteries, and the installation cost can be decreased since hard-wiring is not required. The communication is based on ISA100.11a protocol specifications.
- Flexible wireless solutions
- Enables less investment in infrastructure
- Provides greater insights into plant operations
Contact a Yokogawa Expert to learn how we can help you solve your challenges.