The high performance temperature transmitter YTA510 accepts Thermocouple, RTD, ohms or DC mill volt inputs. The transmitters transmit not only process variables but also the setting parameters using wireless signal. The transmitters run on internal batteries, and the installation cost can be decreased since hard-wiring is not required. The communication is based on ISA100.11a protocol specifications.Detachable Antenna type model can be used with a high-gain antenna*1 with an extension cable. Ultra low current consumption design provides wireless operation for years with long life battery.
OpreX is the comprehensive brand for Yokogawa’s industrial automation (IA) and control business and stands for excellence in the related technology and solutions. It consists of categories and families under each category. This product belongs to the OpreX Field Instruments family that is aligned under the OpreX Measurement category.
|Wireless Specifications||Communication protocol||ISA100.11a / IEEE802.15.4|
|Data rate||250 kbps|
|Frequency||2.400 - 2.4835 GHz license free ISM band|
|Radio security||AES 128 bit codified|
|RF Transmitter power||Max. 11.6 dBm (fixed)|
|Antenna||+2 dBi Omni directional
Detachable Antenna type model (Amplifier housing code 8 or 9) can be used with a high-gain antenna1 with an extension cable.
|Standard Specifications||Variety of sensor inputs||Single input: Amplifier housing code 7
Dual input: Amplifier housing code 8or9
RTD: Pt100 & Pt200 & Pt500 (IEC) and ohms
Thermocouples (T/C): B, E, J, K, N, R, S, T(IEC) and DC m volts (-10 to 110 mV)
Input type is selectable: Thermocouples, 2-,3-, and 4-Wire RTDs, ohms and DC milivolts.
4-Wire is available for Sensor 1 input.
|A/D accuracy||Pt100: ±0.3°C
Type k: ±1°C
|CJC accuracy (T/C only)||±0.5°C|
|Update period||1 sec to 60 min selectable|
|Battery life||Typical battery life is 10 years at 10 seconds update time or 8 years at 5 seconds update time in the following conditions.2
Detachable Antenna type model (Amplifier housing code 8 or 9)
low power mode
Ambient temperature: 23±2°C
Device role: IO mode
LCD display: off
|Physical Specifications||Antenna||+2 dBi Omni directional monopole type|
|Weight||2.8kg（Without battery pack and mounting bracket）|
|Power supply||Lithium thionyl chloride batteries (size D×2)|
|Battery Replacing||Included zone 0|
|Certification||Explosion protected type||ATEX, FM, CSA, IECEx Intrinsically safe Approval|
|EMC Conformity Standards||EN61326-1 Class A, Table 2 (For use in industrial locations), EN61326-2-3|
|R&TTE Conformity Standards||ETSI EN 300 328, ETSI EN 301 489-1,
ETSI EN 301 489-17, EN61010-1, EN61010-2-030, EN62311
|Regulation Conformity of the Wireless Module||• FCC Approval
• IC Approval
|Safety Requirement Standards||EN61010-1, EN61010-2-030|
|Others||Ambient temperature||-40 to 85°C|
- Subject to the Radio law regulation of each country.
- Environmental condition such as vibration may affect the battery life.
- As the main automation contractor (MAC) for this plant construction project, Yokogawa Brazil engineered, installed, and commissioned an integrated control and instrumentation solution
- Yokogawa Brazil completed the commissioning of these systems ahead of schedule and the production of green polymer was started just one week later
Eliminating the wire using wireless transmitter is the perfect solution for rotating equipment. It establishes data collection between the transmitter and the gateway by reliable communication even though the dryer was rotating.
ISA100 wireless temperature and pressure transmitters with orifice plates allow:
- No cabling installations or maintenance.
- Small amount of hardware and simple equipment implementation means minimizing potential vandalism.
- Temperature is monitored to maintain consistency of the viscous fiber entering the drum.
- Existing system requires manual temperature readings.
- Wired temperature measurement is not available because the tank is rotating.
ISA100 Wireless Monitoring
- Gateway x1, Temperature Transmitter (YTA) x3, Pressure Transmitter (EJX) x1, Repeater x1
Gateway is installed at control room and 3m height extended antenna is set.
- The distance is not so long, but there are many pipes and tanks ("Pipe Jungle") in the field.
- Had to avoid the obstacles and take care multi path condition.
Repeater is installed on high place between control room and monitor position. The extend cable is used for antenna of Gateway.
- Temperature Transmitter (YTA) x1, Pressure Transmitter (EJX) x2
- Daily manual reading of pressure and temperature gauges with report by phone.
- The customer wants to change measurement from off-line to on-line.
- Cabling for wired transmitters in huge plants (up to 300 meters long) is expensive.
- Temperature Transmitter (YTA) and Pressure Transmitter (EJX) are installed at each monitoring point.
- Repeater is installed on high position.
ISA100 wireless temperature and pressure transmitters.
ISA100 Wireless Temperature and Pressure Transmitters
- Gateway x1, Temperature Transmitter (YTA) x1, Pressure Transmitter (EJX) x1
High quality wireless communication confirmed
- Packet Error Rate (PER) is 0 to 2.5%/ 5 days
- Wireless temperature measurement
Gateway x1, transmitter (YTA) x1, repeater x2 (The 2 repeaters are for redundancy)
- Extended antenna to circumvent obstacles and improve the radio path for stable measurement (communication was unstable when the height of the antenna was low).
- Manual temperature reading requires walking about 130 m and climbing up and down elevated sections of the dryer stages.
- Multiple temperature measurement points along the various stages of the dryer require many cables to the control room.
- Very high humidity.
- Wireless temperature measurement
gateway x1, transmitter (YTA) x1
repeater x1: between gateway and YTA.
- High quality wireless communication was confirmed.
With repeater at center: The packet error rate was 0%.
Wireless temperature measurement solution makes modernizing operations and maintenance of delayed coker unit affordable.
Blending plays a key role in industries such as food, healthcare and chemicals etc. Temperature and vacuum measurements are very important in minimizing the moisture content to ensure the quality of the final product. Strictly maintaining them throughout the process ensures the final product yield.
Geothermal power plants create electricity from geothermal energy. These power plants are similar to other steam turbine station; however their heat source is that of the earth's core. The created steam is used to turn the turbine for the production of electricity. Technologies include Dry steam, Flash steam and Binary cycle power stations with Binary cycle being the most common geothermal plant in current production. In the process of geothermal power generation the facility needs to monitor various processes, as in this case steam line pressure sits in remote from control room's location.
A battery room is used to storage batteries for emergency power management in the plant. Each substation has battery room and the storage batteries are lead-acid batteries which must be maintained within specified operating temperature limits. Temperature management is important to ensure a long service life of the batteries especially for the plant in desert climates.
A horizontal rotary miller used to grind the limestone rocks with metallic balls as grinding stones. This is used as the raw ingredient to produce cement powder. The temperature needs to be monitored in order to control the process and the quality of the final product. The user was using an induction temperature measurement based on a rail system that was very fragile and therefore unreliable.
- Temperature monitoring at a tank farm
- Temperature and pressure monitoring in tank jungles, three vertical monitoring points.
Direct Reduction Iron (DRI) is one of the processes to reduce oxygen from iron oxide pellets for steel plant. More than 90% of DRI processes use heated LNG as process gas where PID control for temperature or interlock control is of vital importance.
One important risk to manage with regard to coal stacks is preventing fires due to spontaneous combustion.
- Wireless pressure and temperature monitoring.
- Repeater was set under the gateway.
- The maximum distance between the repeater and transmitters is approximately 500m.
Temperature plays a key role in storage of Molasses to maintain the chemical properties of molasses. When temperature rises over 40.5 degree C, destruction of structure in sugar occurs, which results in losing the feeding property of molasses. There is also a safety concern that a rise in temperature can lead to a rise in storage tank pressure leading to an explosion of the tank.
In recent years, more field wireless devices have been used in hazardous areas. Meanwhile, in plants that are usually recognized as hazardous areas, there are numerous metallic tanks and pipes that easily shield or reflect radio waves, as discussed later, thus resulting in a poor environment for wireless communication.
The innovation of wireless technology increases the use of wireless communication in the industry. The introduction of wireless communication to plants, however, requires strict features such as robustness, real-time responsiveness, and low power consumption. This has restricted the use of wireless communication to limited applications such as data logging and device status monitoring that does not require strict real-time responsiveness and data arrival reliability in communication.
A distinguished panel comprising of CEOs, CIOs, CTOs and analysts, including CIO Review editorial board, has selected Yokogawa as one of the top companies that are at the forefront of tackling challenges in the wireless markets in the U.S.
- YTA510 Temperature Transmitter (1.1 MB)
- Field Wireless System Overview (1.9 MB)
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us