Notice relating to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Malaysia
A. Handling of Personal Information
This Notice has been prepared pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (Act 709) to define what personal data (as defined in the Act) that Yokogawa Electric (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (hereinafter “Yokogawa”) may collect, use or disclose, and how Yokogawa protects such personal data. Yokogawa seeks to maintain the trust and confidence of all its customers and prospective customers in its handling of personal data.
B. Information Yokogawa Collects and Uses
Yokogawa may collect from time to time information related to each individual person or entity –
1. the name, residential address, mailing address, employer's name, department name, phone number, opinions, and the like --that is electronically transmitted or physically supplied to Yokogawa by users.
2. Information and date generated in the ordinary course of business relationship with Yokogawa, including but not limited to signatures, answers to questions intended for security verification, follow up on queries or quotations such as:- (a) online user registration (b) requesting catalogs (c) answering questionnaires (d) registering subscriptions to newsletters or the like (e) ordering products or providing services (f) allow user access to limited-entry areas of this website as appropriate (g) other cases
3. Occasionally hiring of other companies to provide limited services on Yokogawa’s behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering user questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. Yokogawa will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
4. For online services, under normal circumstances, users may use most of the services provided through websites run by Yokogawa or on the Internet, without disclosing user’s personal information. For specific services, however, users may be asked to provide his/her personal information or data, in which case Yokogawa or its partners shall be required to keep such information/data confidential. Yokogawa is fully aware of the importance of safeguarding the privacy of such information when handling electronic information. In some cases, Yokogawa may subcontract the management of a specific website, whole or a part thereof, to an outside firm that Yokogawa deems to be trustworthy. The personal information of each individual user is also protected in these cases under Yokogawa's rules of handling personal information.
5. We will retain your personal data in compliance with this Policy and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with Yokogawa or its subsidiaries for the duration of your relationship with us, for such period as may be necessary to protect the interests of Yokogawa or its subsidiaries and/or its customers as may be deemed necessary, where otherwise required by the law and/or where required by Yokogawa’s or its subsidiaries’ relevant policies.
C. Permitted Purposes
In all cases, Yokogawa will expressly state why such information is necessary, so that customers or prospective customers may provide the information at their own discretion. Yokogawa will not disclose personal information provided by users to any party, other than Yokogawa itself or Yokogawa's affiliates or business partners, without prior permission from the users, except in cases where Yokogawa provides its commissioned trader with such information necessary for a trade to be executed.
Circumstances may arise where, personal information may be subject to disclosure on a need to know basis under the following circumstances:-
1. Where a settlement needs to be made for using pay services or purchasing products, Yokogawa may exchange personal information with firms, including without limitation, financial institutions, in order to check the validity of bank accounts and/or credit cards;
2. Yokogawa may disclose personal information in case such disclosure is mandatory under applicable laws or is reasonably judged to be essential in order to protect and safeguard the rights, property and safety of other users, Yokogawa itself, and/or Yokogawa's affiliates;
3. For the purpose of product development, identification of business needs, and sales promotion, Yokogawa may use personal information, personal opinions, and the like presented by users, although such use shall be limited only to Yokogawa itself and Yokogawa's affiliates and business partners;
4. Yokogawa may use the IP addresses of users recorded in the system, in order to explore the cause of or solution to any problem arising in servers, or to administer its websites;
5. Where for strategic or other business reasons, Yokogawa decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise re-organize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is Yokogawa's practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions;
6. Credit information bureaus, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority searches or inquiries, and in the event of any default, debt collection agencies where necessary;
7. Any person or entity to whom Yokogawa is under an obligation or otherwise required to make disclosure pursuant to legal process, or pursuant to any other foreign or domestic legal and/or regulatory obligation or request, or agreement entered into by any of them and any governmental authority, domestic or foreign, or between or among any two or more domestic or foreign governmental authorities, or in connection with or to any bodies or associations which Yokogawa is required to or expected to comply, including disclosure to courts, tribunals and/or legal, regulatory, tax and government authorities, whether suck legal process, obligation, request, requirement or agreement is currently existing or created in future;
8. Any person or entity which is part of Yokogawa and is under a duty of confidentiality to the disclosing Yokogawa entity, although only to the extent necessary to fulfil the relevant purposes permissible;
9. Transfer of Your Personal Data Outside of Malaysia where any personal data, which you volunteer to us, will be treated with the highest standards of security strictly in accordance with the PDPA 2010. It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside Malaysia if any of our service providers or business partners involved in providing part of a services are located in countries outside of Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal data outside Malaysia in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such service providers or business partners are contractually bound not to use your personal data for any reason other than to provide the services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal data.
In all the above Permitted Purposes, Yokogawa will accept, to a reasonable extent, such possible user requests as making corrections or deletions to personal information presented by users. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data and keep your personal data secured. This includes following our security procedures (like checking your identity when you call us).
This website may contain links to other websites. Yokogawa is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
Nothing in this Notice limits or seeks to limit the User’s rights under the Act.
D. Your Consent
By submitting your personal data, you consent to the use of that personal data as set out in this Policy. Shall there be any changes on our Policy, we will publish the amended version on this page. But you can email or write to us to ask for a copy. Continued use of the service will signify that you agree to any such changes.
For queries and inquiries about the personal information protection policy of Yokogawa, please contact:
The Personal Data Protection Officer
Managing Director Office
Yokogawa Electric (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
9, Jalan Industri PBP 3,
Taman Industri Pusat Bandar Puchong,
47100 Selangor Malaysia