Press Release - October 1, 2015
Tokyo, Japan - October 1, 2015
Yokogawa Releases Exaquantum™ R3.01
- Improved data acquisition capabilities for a more detailed view of plant operations -
An example of Exaquantum screen (Overlapped Trend with Alarms & Events)
Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces the release of Exaquantum™ R3.01. Compared to the previous version of the Exaquantum plant information management system, Exaquantum R3.01 delivers a six-fold increase in data acquisition performance and can handle five times as many data points (tags).
Plant operators seek to acquire temperature, pressure, and other types of data to better understand what is happening in their plants and obtain insights needed to improve equipment and operating procedures. In keeping with the industry "big data" trend of utilizing ever growing amounts of data, there is a rising need for information management solutions that can acquire more data points and have higher acquisition speeds.
To meet these requirements, Yokogawa has created Exaquantum R3.01. This latest version of Exaquantum delivers a quantum increase in the data acquisition speed and the number of tags that can be handled by a server, giving plant operators a much more detailed understanding of their plant processes. Positioning Exaquantum R3.01 as a data historian platform for acquiring and storing the plant data needed to improve plant operations, Yokogawa will utilize this product to create value with its customers and expand its solutions business.
- Increased data acquisition speed
Including closing processing* time, Exaquantum R3.01 achieves an event-driven data acquisition and processing speed of 600,000 tag updates per minute, which is six times faster than our previous release. In less time, this software can obtain more detailed information on the changes that are taking place in a plant's processes.
- Increased number of tags that can be handled
With Exaquantum R3.01, a server can now handle up to 500,000 tags, five times the amount possible with our previous release. This dramatically increases the amount of information our customers have at their fingertips. By being able to analyze a wider range of process data, they can obtain a much more accurate understanding of what is happening in a process and zero in on solutions that will improve their plant operations.
- Support for tablets
With Exaquantum R3.01, users can now access their data not only from a browser on a desktop or laptop PC, but also any Windows or iOS tablet. This gives anytime, anywhere access to plant information and aids troubleshooting for rapid resolution of production issues.
- Improved engineering tools
Exaquantum R3.01 comes with an improved conversion tool that allows users to convert Exaquantum R3.01 graphic windows so that they can be viewed from inside an operation and monitoring window (graphic window) of Yokogawa's flagship product, the CENTUM® VP integrated production control system. This conversion tool now has the capability to simultaneously convert multiple process graphics. Other engineering tools available for use with Exaquantum R3.01 have been improved to reduce engineering workload.
Industries such as oil & gas, petrochemicals, chemicals, iron and steel, non-ferrous metals, electric power, pulp and paper, foods, pharmaceuticals, and water treatment
- Real-time creation of plant process databases
- Processing of acquired data by means of arithmetic and other operations
- Display of acquired data in graphics, trend charts, spreadsheets, etc.
Exaquantum is a plant information management system (PIMS) that is used in a wide variety of industries, including oil & gas, oil refining, petrochemicals, iron and steel, non-ferrous metals, electric power, pulp and paper, foods, pharmaceuticals, and water treatment.
The large amount of data stored in a control system is an important asset that can be used by management to improve productivity, quality, and safety. Exaquantum acquires, processes, and stores control system data and provides it to applications in the manufacturing execution system (MES) domain for use in managing and analyzing operations. Exaquantum provides an environment in which data can be analyzed not only from the viewpoint of plant operations and management, but also from a business and management perspective, and facilitates the flow of information both at the field and management levels in order to make real-time management a reality.
* Defined as the performance of calculations using acquired process data to obtain values (average, standard deviation, sum, maximum/minimum, etc.) for a given period (on an hourly, daily, or monthly basis), and the automatic generation of this data on a server
For more information
Yokogawa's global network of 88 companies spans 56 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$3.5 billion company engages in cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is active in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and aviation and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit www.yokogawa.com.
Press Releases in October of 2015
- October 29, 2015Yokogawa Opens a Sales and After-sales Service Office in Turkmenistan
- Expanding the control business in Central Asia -
- October 26, 2015Yokogawa Releases Enhanced Version of ProSafe®-RS Safety Instrumented System
For Greater Efficiency in System Configuration and Engineering
- October 23, 2015Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Releases 2560A Precision DC Calibrator
- October 14, 2015Yokogawa Meters & Instruments to Release Three New Modules for DL850E/DL850EV ScopeCorders
- Including the industry's first SENT-compliant module -
- October 13, 2015Yokogawa Solution Service and Cisco Collaborate on Solution for Oil Refineries - New, integrated solution utilizing industry-leading security, high-quality network equipment and information system services -
- October 9, 2015Yokogawa Wins Terminal Automation Systems Order from Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- October 1, 2015Yokogawa Releases Exaquantum™ R3.01 - Improved data acquisition capabilities for a more detailed view of plant operations -