A fully operational control loop is the end result of significant investment in terms of field devices, control elements, controllers and the hundreds of hours of effort.
But based on Yokogawa's analysis of control loop problems we have found:
- 15% are operating in Manual
- 30% have valve related issues
- 55% are encountering oscillatory or poor tuning
From the data above it is clear that overcoming these challenges requires an analysis of not just the control loop; but the control loop and all associated elements. This is the focus of TuneVP Plus.
PID Tuning Critical for Process Performance
PID control plays a fundamental role in process control. Proper setup and tuning are required for stable plant operation and are a prerequisite for advanced process control. Yokogawa provides a standardized approach to the implementation of regulatory control stabilization with fixed procedures and methods that ensure optimum and safe plant controls.
Plant safety is paramount to the continuance of production operations and is drawing increasing attention globally. All process industries now recognize the importance of regulatory control stabilization as the baseline for plant safety. To achieve stability, plants must evaluate and improve the effectiveness of regulatory control loops (e.g. control configuration, PID tuning, instrumentation). Achieving regulatory control stabilization is a pre-requisite and paves the way for advanced process control (APC) implementation.
Plant Stability Analytics
Often the challenge conducting loop tuning is trying to identify the root cause of the oscillation that is impacting the control loop. In many cases this originates far upstream in the process.
TuneVP Plus - Plant Stability Analytics is regularly analyzing all control loops for their oscillation frequency; thus allowing us to pinpoint potential root causes for targeting.
Auto Step Detection
Often one of the most frustrating challenges conducting loop tuning is the need to interrupt the operations staff to manually conduct a step test, and then manage the slight process fluctuation as a result. In Yokogawa we also feel this pain when conducting control performance improvement services.
TuneVP provides the "Auto Detection" of PID operational changes; thus allowing engineers to leave TuneVP to monitor your process and observe how the PID reacts to operational changes. Engineers can then check TuneVP tuning recommendations at their leisure.
This application provides an effective and easy-to-use solution for PID controller tuning with the following key features:
- Online Open and Closed Loop Model Identification and Simulation
- Universal and Effective Model Identification Algorithm
- Auto Detection of operational change for PID recommendation opportunity
- On Demand PID recommendation based on flexible SV or MV step test
- Ease-of-use by non-control specialist
- Additional PID Tuning rules for Yokogawa DCS PID Controllers
- Model mismatch simulation
- Supporting multiple Controller types:
- Yokogawa Centum DCS
- GE Fanuc PLC
- Yokogawa YVP110
- Masoneilan FVP
- Emerson DVC6000f
- Custom controller
- Loop Tuning History Report, Tuning Step Report and PID Log Book
- Simultaneous on demand data collection for multiple loops
Coverage of Application
- CENTUM CS, CS1000, CS3000 and VP, GE Fanuc PLC, Custom
- Yokogawa YVP110, Dresser Masoneilan FVP110 and Emerson DVC6000f
Complex loop in single loop mode
Function Block Type
- PID, PID-STC, PID-BSW, FB41
Process Model Type
- First Order Plus Time Delay model (FOPTD)
- Integrating Plus Time Delay model (IPTD)
- IMC PI or PID Tuning Method
- ZN and CENTUM STC PID tuning algorithms (Self Tuning Controller)
- OPC (Mandatory)
- HIS integration with Yokogawa CENTUM VP/CS3000 systems (Optional)
- Yokogawa PRM (Optional)
- Simplified Chinese
Möchten Sie weitere Informationen über unsere Mitarbeiter, Technologien und Lösungen?Kontakt