Press Release - November 14, 2017
Tokyo, Japan - November 14, 2017
Yokogawa Releases Exaquantum™ R3.10 Plant Information Management System
- With OPC UA support and stronger security -
Exaquantum UI image
Yokogawa Electric Corporation (Tokyo: 6841) announces the release of Exaquantum™ R3.10. This latest version of the Exaquantum plant information management system comes with stronger security and improved compatibility through the support of OPC Unified Architecture (OPC-UA)*, the latest OPC communication standard.
Among manufacturers, there is an increasing need to store and analyze large amounts of data on temperature, pressure, and other variables that can be used to improve the efficiency of plant operations. To facilitate the collection and storage of this data, there is thus a rising demand for plant information management systems (PIMS). Yokogawa has developed the Exaquantum PIMS to meet this need, and has been improving its functions. The Exaquantum PIMS can be used in a wide range of industries, including oil, refining, petrochemicals, iron and steel, non-ferrous metals, electric power, gas, pulp and paper, foods, pharmaceuticals, and water treatment.
With the rising use of information technology in production management and control applications, maintaining the security of plant information and control systems is a growing challenge. And as companies seek to introduce the latest network technologies, security becomes an even more pressing concern. To meet such needs, Yokogawa has added support for the latest communication standard to Exaquantum R3.10 and has upgraded its security features.
- Support of OPC UA for improved security and compatibility with other systems
Exaquantum R3.10 supports OPC UA (client) and thus can now securely exchange data with a wider range of data sources, including OPC UA-compliant devices such as the Yokogawa SMARTDAC+ series data acquisition systems.
- Strengthened system security
Based on a review of the vulnerabilities in the previous version of this software, the program paths (routes to files and folders) and the authorization of access rights have been tightened in Exaquantum R3.10. Exaquantum is now less vulnerable to computer viruses and cyber-attacks
- Support of the latest operating systems
Exaquantum R3.10 supports the latest versions of operating systems and other kinds of software, including Windows Server 2016 (a server operating system), Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (a PC operating system), and Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (a relational database management system).
* Object linking and embedding for process control (OPC) is the de-facto standard for interoperability in the industrial automation industry and other fields, enabling data to be exchanged securely and reliably, and OPC Unified Architecture (OPC-UA) is the latest version of this standard. OPC UA is independent of any specific hardware or operating system platform, and ensures high security and extensibility. As such, this communication standard holds great promise for Industry 4.0.
Process industries such as oil and gas, petrochemicals, chemicals, iron and steel, non-ferrous metals, electric power, pulp and paper, foods, pharmaceuticals, and water treatment
- Real-time collection of plant process data into databases
- Calculation of collected data
- Display of collected data in trend charts and other types of graphics, spreadsheets, etc.
Exaquantum is a plant information management system (PIMS) that is used in a wide variety of industries, including oil & gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, iron and steel, non-ferrous metals, electric power, pulp and paper, foods, pharmaceuticals, and water treatment.
The large amount of data stored in a control system is an important asset that can be used by management to improve productivity, quality, and safety. Exaquantum acquires, processes, and stores control system data and provides it to applications in the manufacturing execution system (MES) domain for use in managing and analyzing operations. Exaquantum provides an environment in which data can be analyzed, not only from the viewpoint of plant operations and management, but also from a business perspective, facilitating the flow of information at field and management levels and making real-time management a reality.
Yokogawa will continue to utilize Exaquantum to create value with its customers and expand its solutions business.
For more information
Yokogawa's global network of 113 companies spans 60 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$3.5 billion company engages in cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is active in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and aviation and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food. Targeting this segment, Yokogawa helps companies maximize their profits by offering a wide range of highly reliable products and working with the subsidiary KBC Advanced Technologies to provide premium solutions and services. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit www.yokogawa.com.
The names of corporations, organizations, and products herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Press Releases in November of 2017
- November 29, 2017Yokogawa Wins Control System Order for First Flue Gas Desulfurization System in the West Balkans
- To be installed at coal-fired power plant in Bosnia and Herzegovina -
- November 21, 2017Yokogawa Releases ISA100 Wireless™ Gateway Module
- Ideal for construction of small-scale field wireless systems -
- November 20, 2017Yokogawa Releases Enhanced Version of the STARDOM™ Network-based Control System
- Highly reliable and scalable -
- November 14, 2017Yokogawa Releases Exaquantum™ R3.10 Plant Information Management System
- With OPC UA support and stronger security -
- November 9, 2017Yokogawa Introduces AR-based SensPlus™ Buddy Communication Support Service
- An easy-to-introduce-and-use solution that improves facility maintenance -
- November 6, 2017Yokogawa Announces Synaptic Business Automation Concept for Industrial Automation and Control Business
- Working together to propose and implement solutions for the ideal business -