N. America Corporate History

Yokogawa Corporation of America has become a leading manufacturer and supplier of test, measurement, field instrumentation, process control and information products for North America since its establishment in 1957.

Originally named Yokogawa Electric Works, Inc., Yokogawa Corporation of America began in New York as the company's origin of business in North America and became Yokogawa's first overseas affiliate.  In 1980, Yokogawa opened its first manufacturing facility in Newnan, GA  to provide a broad range of capabilities, including complete product manufacturing, product modification, product customization, and full-service calibration.

Yokogawa continued to expand in the following years. Measurementation, an engineering, consulting, and fabrication company specializing in all aspects of analyzer system integration, became fully integrated with Yokogawa Corporation of America in 2002. Measurementation's services cover the entire spectrum of analytical system design, equipment selection, and system manufacture.

In 2005, Yokogawa Canada, Inc. was established in Calgary, Alberta as part of Yokogawa Corporation of America, and Yokogawa de Mexico was established a year later in Mexico City.  The following year, Yokogawa Corporation of America acquired Analytical Specialties, Inc. (ASI) to establish a Laser Analysis Division in Clear Lake, TX. The company relocated its headquarters from Newnan, GA to Sugar Land, TX in 2009.

Today, Yokogawa Corporation of America's commitment to customers is the number one priority and it is backed by a network of representatives and distributors, and a direct sales force that reflect this commitment.  The company's 800 employees spread across the United States, Canada and Mexico, together with their valued partners, pledge their commitment to "working together as a team to deliver customer satisfaction first."

Top