The UT55A and UT52A temperature controllers employ an easy-to-read, 14-segment large color LCD display, along with navigation keys, thus greatly increasing the monitoring and operating capabilities. A ladder sequence function is included as standard. The short depth of the controller helps save instrument panel space. The UT55A/UT52A also support open networks such as Ethernet communication.
UT55A and UT52A Temperature Controller Features
- Up to 4 analog inputs available
- 3 alarm independent common terminals available as standard
- Ladder sequence programs can be built
- Simple operation
- Up to 18 DOs (combinations available)
- Multiple language operation manual (Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, and Korean) available. Please specify the desired language when ordering.
- Detailed code model available to customize specifications best suited to you.
8 Built-in Control Modes
The control mode allows easily configuring settings and making changes with parameters.
- Single-loop control
- Cascade primary-loop control
- Cascade secondary-loop control
- Cascade control
- Loop control for backup
- Loop control with PV switching
- Loop control with PV auto-selector
- Control with PV-hold function
8 Built-in Control Types
- PID control
- ON/OFF control (1 point of hysteresis)
- ON/OFF control (2 points of hysteresis)
- Two-position, two-level control
- Heating/cooling control
- Sample PI control
- Batch PID control
- Feedforward control
For the correspondence between the above control mode and control types for each model, please refer to the specifications of each model.
Ladder Sequence Control
With built-in ladder sequence control, the range of applications are dramatically increased. This feature is standard in all the UTAdvanced controllers (except UM33A). The ladder sequence control function can replace a small PLC required by the application. Sequence control and PID control can be performed simultaneously.
- Monitoring and control of external machinery
E.g.: Lamps, switches, timers
- Solve digital input/output logic functionality easily.
Number of basic command types: 13
Number of application command types: 73
|[Example of ladder instruction]||[Example of ladder programming]|
Application Examples of Ladder Sequence Program
Alarm Sequence Control Circuits Can be Reduced
The ladder sequence program is built in the UTAdvanced as standard. The ladder sequence function enables monitoring and controlling peripheral devices such as relays, thus making it possible to reduce costs.
Alarm action is built by the ladder sequence program inside the UTAdvanced, thus making it possible to reduce costs.
Host System Load is Reduced
The UTAdvanced with up to 4 analog inputs* enables various types of analog data to be captured directly into the controller and calculated by the ladder program, thus reducing the system-building load of the host. Action: Various types of analog data were captured into the host system (PLC, etc.) and calculated, and the results were processed by the field controller for control via a command.
* In the case of the UT55A
Select Input and Output Types via Configuration
Select from TC, RTD, mV/DC voltage and DC current.
(DC current input: No shunt resistor required)
The input type and range is user selectable via the front panel or by using the LL50A parameter setting software.
- ±0.1% Indication Accuracy.
- Connect up to two 2-wire transmitters simultaneously.
All instruments have a 15 V Loop Power Supply (15 V LPS) for a transmitter. In addition, a 24 V LPS is also available simultaneously for some instruments as optional function.
User selectable for relay, Voltage pulse and current outputs.
- Relay output: ON/OFF control, time-proportional PID control
- Voltage pulse output: time-proportional PID control
- Current output: continuous PID control
Heating/cooling control has two sets of universal outputs.
- Any combinations of relay, pulse and current outputs are available.
Drive a motorized control valve by using position-proportional PID.
- The position-proportional PID control function has two sets of relay outputs for direct/reverse rotation of motorized control valve.
- The slide wire input to feed back the valve position is also available.
Auto-tuning (AT) Function
The following conditions can be set in order to increase the accuracy of calculating PID constants using AT .
- Two types of algorithms to calculate PID constants are available for selection.
Normal: fast-rising PID constant
Stable: slow-rising PID constant
- High and low output limits can be set individually for control output values during AT runtime.
SUPER Function Suppresses Overshoot
The field proven SUPER function utilizes a built-in operator experience and fuzzy theory to deliver fine control and suppress overshoot.
SUPER2 Function Suppresses Hunting
The new SUPER2 function utilizes a built-in operator experience and modern control theory to deliver fine control and suppress hunting.
LL50A Parameters Setting Software
Parameter Setting/Program Pattern Creating Function
Parameters that determine controller functions can easily be set: controller model type, controller mode (single-loop control, cascade control, loop control with PV switching, etc.), universal input/output functions, setup parameters and others. It also allows you to create program patterns.
Used to tune a controller's PID parameters. Displays measured input value, target setpoint, and control output value as a trend graph on a personal computer screen, allowing PID parameter modification, AUTO/MAN switching, control output modification in manual operation, etc.
Ladder Building Functions
Ladder sequence programs can be created and ladder programs can be monitored.
Network Profile Creation Function
Can be used to create an electronic device data sheet for Open Network.
Via Bus Powered USB Cable
Can be set parameters and ladder program while no power supply to controller.
Via Ethernet Communication Connector
Via Dedicated Adapter
Can be used while attached to the control panel.
- Applicable Termperature Controllers: UT75A, UT55A/UT52A, UT35A/UT32A, UP55A/UP35A/UP32A, UM33A
Via RS-485 Communication Terminals
Bright & Easy to Read Active Color LCD Display
Versatile Color LCD Display
The controller menus and layout are adjusted in accordance with the level (EASY, STD, PRO) of information required by the user. If simple temperature or level control is needed, then select the easy configuration. Very sophisticated applications are no problem for the UTAdvanced. Just select the PRO setting and make use of the additional functionality shown in this mode. Advanced applications can be programmed in the PRO setting and then changed back to the easy setting to lock out functions not required by operators.
Active Color LCD Display
With Yokogawa's Active color display you can instantly tell, at a glance, the status of your process.
Alarm Status: Active color display changes from white (normal) to red (alarm).
Deviation Status: Color changes based on a PV deviation from SP.
User-defined Color: Choose between white or red display for constant Readings.
The 65-mm depth of the controller reduces the constraints on installation location.
Easy Operation Map, Navigation Guide and Navigation Keys
The navigation keys is an intuitive method to navigate the controller's configuration menus and setting its various menus. Navigation arrows even tell you what button to push next.
Programmable Function Keys
It is easy to assign frequently used functions, such as the operation mode switch, Run/Stop, program pattern selection, Remote/Local, alarm latch release, and PID parameter display. The function of an external switch can also be assigned to the front panel key in conjunction with a ladder sequence program.
The UTAdvanced is equipped with a scrolling text feature that fully lists the parameter being modified. There is no guessing what parameter you are looking at. It is possible to turn off scrolling the text function.
Multiple Language Support
The UTAdvanced is fluent in multiple languages — English, Spanish, French, and German. The use of the UTAdvanced by local language operators is not an obstacle.
User Settable Default Values
Parameter values (SP, P, I, D, ALM1, etc.) configured by the user can be stored in the controller as the default values. Even if a parameter set value is accidentally changed, it can be restored to the original value with a simple operation.
Now Available in Two Colors (White or Black)
Now you can choose a color that matches your work area: white (light gray), or black (light charcoal gray).
LL50A Parameter Setting Software (sold separately) allows for easily setting parameters.
Using the message function and turning the contact input on/off, the message registered beforehand can be displayed on PV display by interrupt.The message is registered using LL50A Parameter Setting Software.The messages are limited to 20 alphanumeric characters. A maximum of four messages can be registered.
Quick Setting Function
Minimum parameters necessary for operation can be set.
The password function can prevent inadvertent changes to the parameter settings. If a password is set, the password is required when moving to the Setup Parameter Setting Display. When the password is verified, can be changed to the Setup Parameter Setting Display.
A simple and easy network connection is provided!
A built-in function in the controller eliminates the need for a converter and makes wiring simple.
Modbus TCP/IP, a protocol that allows the controller to connect to any Ethernet network and have the ability to exchange data with the computers or devices on that network.
- Allows control devices to be integrated into an application simply.
- Works with any Modbus TCP/IP compliant software.
- Support for Modbus function codes 03, 06, 08 & 16.
- Gateway function allows RS-485 Modbus devices to communicate via Ethernet.
- Reduced labor costs in wiring and setup of a communications network.
- Physical Layer: 10 BASE-T/100 BASE-TX
- Maximum number of connection: 2
The data of UTAdvanced (slave units) can be displayed and saved on the DXAdvanced using
the Modbus RTU function.
Open Network (PROFIBUS-DP, CC-Link, DeviceNet)
Embedded open networks will provide direct connection to PLC's.
- Reads data from UTAdvanced
- Writes parameter setting value to UTAdvanced
Peer to Peer
The use of the ladder sequence program makes it possible to exchange analog data and status data between communication-capable UTAdvanced.
Example: A UTAdvanced in which an input error occurs sends a signal to another UTAdvanced to enable that UTAdvanced switch to MAN operation, thus shifting the whole system into a safe mode. In such a case, the safety mechanism can be built into the UTAdvanced and is not required in the host system.
In coordinated operation, a single UTAdvanced termperature controller is used as a master controller and multiple UTAdvanced or other UTAdvanced digital indicating controllers as slave controllers.
The slave controllers are operated in accordance with the actions of the master controller.
A protocol used for communicating with a general-purpose personal computer, or UTAdvanced series link module and serial communication module of FA-M3R (range-free controller).
Dependable 3 year warranty*1
Backed by the high reliability and quality that Yokogawa has cultivated over many years.
UTAdvanced is environmentally safe when disposing.
Dust-proof and drip-proof front panel (NEMA4*2 /IP66)
UTAdvanced can also be used for food-processing equipment with washable control panels.
- The 3 year warranty extends 36 months after shipment from our factory.
- Hose down test only.
|PV input||Input type||1 Universal input (TC, RTD, mV, V, mA)|
|Indication accuracy||±0.1% of F.S.|
|Control scan period||50, 100, 200 msec|
|PV/SP data display||14-segment, 5 digits, Bar graph LCD display|
|Control outputs (MV)||Type||Relay, Voltage Pulse, Current|
|Algorithm||ON/OFF, PID (Continuous, Time-proportional), Heating/Cooling, Position-proportional|
|Digital inputs||Number||3 (Std) 9 (Max)||3 (Std) 5 (Max)|
|Type||SP No.Change, PID No. Change, A/M Change, etc|
|Digital outputs||Number||3 (Std) 18 (Max)||3 (Std) 5 (Max)|
|Function||PV High, PV Low, Dev High, etc|
|Current trans input (option）||Number||2|
|Type||PV, SP, OUT, etc|
|Remote (aux.) input (option)||Number||1 or 3||1|
|Type||1 to 5 V, etc
Only 1 input can be changed to universal input when specified the /DR option
|Loop power supply (LPS) (option)||Number||1|
|Voltage||21.6 to 28.0 VDC|
|Communication (option)||Number||1 or 2||1|
|Type||RS-485, Ethernet, PROFIBUS-DP, CC-Link, DeviceNet||RS-485, CC-Link|
|Other specifications||Power supply||100 to 240 VAC (+10%, -15%) or 24 VAC/DC (+10%, -15%) (option)|
|Power consumption||Max 18 VA||Max 15 VA|
|Mass||Max 0.5 kg|
Comparison Chart (UT75A/UT55A/UT52A/UT35A/UT32A)
|Depth from the panel surface (mm)||65||65||65||65||65|
|Number of Control loops||Standard (Maximum)||1(2)||1||1||1||1|
|Control Scan Period||(msec)||Choice 50/100/200||Choice 50/100/200||Choice 50/100/200||200||200|
|Display Function||Number of PV Display Digits||5||5||5||5||5|
|Active Color PV Display Function||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Guide Scroll Display Function||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Message Display Function||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Bar graph display (Number)||✓(2)||✓(2)||✓(2)||✓(1)||✓(1)|
|PV Input Indication Accuracy||(% of F.S.)||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|PV Input Type||TC||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Number of Analog Inputs||Standard (Maximum)||1(4)||1(4)||1(2)||1||1|
|Number of SPs (PIDs)||Maximum||20(16)||8||8||4||4|
|Number of Control Modes||Maximum||9||8||8||1||1|
|Number of Control Types||Maximum||8||8||8||5||5|
|Control Output||Type||Relay Contact Output, Voltage pulse output, Current output||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|PID (Continuance, Time Proportion)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Number of Analog Outputs||Standard (Maximum)||2(3)||2(3)||2(3)||2||2|
|Number of Digital Inputs||Standard (Maximum)||3(8)||3(9)||3(5)||2(7)||2(4)|
|Number of Alarms||8||8||8||4||4|
|Number of Digital Outputs||Standard (Maximum)||3(8)||3(18)||3(5)||3(8)||3(5)|
|Communication||RS-485 communication (Maximum)||✓(2)||✓(2)||✓(1)||✓(1)||✓(1)|
|Open Network (CC-Link/PROFIBUS-DP/DeviceNet)||✓||✓||✓|
|Various Function||Quick Setting Function||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Split Computation Output Function||✓||✓||✓|
|Ratio and Square Root Extraction Function||✓||✓||✓|
|Remote SP Function||✓||✓||✓|
|24 V DC Loop Power Supply Function||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Heater Break Alarm Function||✓
|Ladder Sequence Function||(Number of max. steps)||✓(1000)||✓(500)||✓(500)||✓(300)||✓(300)|
|Other specifications||Power Supply||AC100 V to 240 V||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|AC/DC 24 V||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Dust and waterproof Level of Front Panel||NEMA4 *1 (IP66)||NEMA4 *1 (IP66)||NEMA4 *1 (IP66)||NEMA4 *1 (IP66)||NEMA4 *1 (IP66)|
|Configuration Tool||Via Light-loader Communication||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Via Maintenance Port
The table above includes specifications of the standard models only.
* 1: Hose down test only.
|TC||K, J, T, B, S, R, N, E, L, U, W
PL-2, PR20-40, W97Re3-W75Re25
|DC Voltage||0.4 to 2.0 V, 1.0 to 5.0 V, 0.0 to 2.0 V, 0 to 10 V, -10 to 20 mV, 0 to 100 mV|
|DC Current||4 to 20 mA, 0 to 20 mA|
This is a list of recorder and controller products that support the RoHS (2011/65/EU) directive.
UTAdvanced series Parameter map list for each model can be downloaded.
Please use it to manage and save the set parameters. Also please use it as a reference for the key operation at that time.
This is a list of recorder and controller products that support the New Legislative Framework (NLF.)
Mercian uses the Part 11-compliant DX200P Paperless Recorder in its pharmaceutical manufacturing works.
The Japan Steel Works, LTD., Muroran Plant uses the Control and Measurement Station CX2000, UP series program controllers, and UT series digital indicating controllers for operation of its heat treating furnaces.
Kyushu Mitsui Aluminium uses the UPM100 Power Monitor for its overall factory operations, and the DX1000 Paperless Recorder for its high-purity aluminum refining furnaces.
The UT55A can come with up to 8 alarm outputs that can control the fans. Ladder sequencing is build in, allowing you to use a timer or other such function to set up a time delay on each output.
The UTAdvanced Digital Indicating Controller comes standard with ladder sequence function. The ladder sequence function can handle measured and computed values from the controller. Using this function, the UTAdvanced converts outputs from other controllers such as YS1500 to time proportioning outputs.
UTAdvanced Digital Indicating Controllers come standard with ladder sequence functions in ladder programs, some of which can process data (measured and computed values). This is an example of applying those ladder programs to create a ratio station.
This introduces a system that uses Ethernet communications to acquire measured values, target values, and control output values from a controller installed on site into a PLC at high speed (ten units' worth within one second).
Load devices are sometimes used when evaluating (measuring) DUT performance. Depending on the parameter being evaluated, multiple controllers can be employed to control the performance of the load device, but there are also times when the load device uses only one actuator.
The UTAdvanced Digital Indicating Controller comes standard with a ladder sequence function. By using the Ladder Sequence function, you can eliminate relays and other peripherals to cut down on costs.
The UTAdvanced ladder function can be used to run programs. You can also incorporate the "guarantee soak" that is required for quenching and other processes on metal parts.
In the plants of food and beverage manufacturers, there are times when monitoring and recording of production equipment is necessary inside clean rooms. This is an introduction to monitoring and recording in clean rooms using paperless recorders.
Environmental testing equipment (rooms) is key to checking ambient temperature and humidity in environmental worthiness tests for a variety of products (refrigerators, air conditioners, automobiles, etc.), and controllers for such equipment are also widely used.
Continuous technology improvement is ongoing in the pulp & paper industry to obtain the best possible performance. The improved plant performance translates to the higher quality improvement and lower cost, and simultaneously environmental friendly plant operation.
- UT55A/MDL, UT52A/MDL Controller (DIN Rail Mounting Type) Operation Guide for Single-loop Control (1.6 MB)
- Precautions on the Use of the UTAdvanced Series (286 KB)
- UT55A/UT52A Digital Indicating Controller Operation Guide for Single-loop Control (for Standard code model) (3.8 MB)
- UT55A/UT52A Digital Indicating Controller Operation Guide for Single-loop Control (for Detailed code model) (3.8 MB)
- UT55A/UT52A Digital Indicating Controller User's Manual (17.0 MB)
- UTAdvanced Series Communication Interface (Open Network) User's Manual (12.7 MB)
- UTAP005 Wall Mount Bracket (964 KB)
- UTAdvanced Series Communication Interface (RS-485, Ethernet) User's Manual (8.2 MB)
- Control of Pollution Caused by the Product (152 KB)
- UT55A/MDL, UT52A/MDL Digital Indicating Controller (DIN Rail Mounting Type) (1.9 MB)
- UT55A, UT52A Digital Indicating Controller (Panel Mounting Type) (1.5 MB)
- New Legislative Framework (NLF) Conforming Products (362 KB)
- List of RoHS (2011/65/EU) Directive Compliant Products (6-substances RoHS compliant products) (356 KB)
- X010 External Precision Resistor (349 KB)
- Digital Indicating Controllers Replacement Guide (9.1 MB)
- Recorders, Data Loggers, and Control Products Security Standard (488 KB)
- UTAdvanced UT55A/UT52A Parameter Maps and Lists (666 KB)
- GREEN to UTAdvanced Conversion Tool Operation Guide (2.0 MB)
- GREEN to UTAdvanced Model Conversion Table (289 KB)
- Setup Procedure UTAdvanced Quick Setting (Controlling Flow with Inverters) (325 KB)
- Heat Treatment Applications in the Aerospace and the Automotive Industry *Registration required
- Setup Procedure UTAdvanced Quick Setting (Controlling Furnace Temperature with a Motorized Valve) (285 KB)
- Preventive Maintenance of UTAdvanced series (48 KB)
- Setup Procedure UTAdvanced Quick Setting (Controlling Furnace Temperature with a Solid State Relay) (296 KB)
- Setup Procedure UTAdvanced Quick Setting (Controlling Furnace Temperature with a Thyristor) (274 KB)
- Setup Procedure UTAdvanced Quick Setting (Controlling Heat Exchanger Temperature) (338 KB)
- Setup Procedure UTAdvanced Quick Setting (Controlling Tank Level ON-OFF) (333 KB)
- Setup Procedure UTAdvanced Quick Setting (Controlling Tank Level Proportion) (364 KB)
- Setup Procedure UTAdvanced Quick Setting (Controlling Tank Pressure) (380 KB)
- Setup Procedure UTAdvanced Quick Setting (Controlling Tank Temperature) (286 KB)
- Setup Procedure UTAdvanced Quick Setting (pH Control) (295 KB)
- Model UT55A Digital Indicating Controller (308 KB)
- Model UT52A/MDL Controller (Mount on DIN Rail) (229 KB)
- Model UT55A/MDL Controller (Mount on DIN Rail) (289 KB)
- Model UT52A Digital Indicating Controller (UT52A-NNN-xx-xx/x) (290 KB)
- Model UT52A Digital Indicating Controller (294 KB)
- Model UT55A Digital Indicating Controller (UT55A-NNN-xx-xx/x) (322 KB)
- UTAdvanced Model: UTAP001 Terminal Cover for 96 x 96 mm (167 KB)
- UTAdvanced Model: UTAP002 Terminal Cover for 48 x 96 mm (145 KB)
¿En busca de información adicional sobre Yokogawa Iberia, tecnología y soluciones?Contáctenos