Press Release - April 6, 2017
Tokyo, Japan - April 6, 2017
Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Corporation to Change Name to Yokogawa Test & Measurement Corporation
- A reliable partner for its customers -
Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Corporation announces that it will change its name to Yokogawa Test & Measurement Corporation on October 1.
As the core company in the Yokogawa Group's measurement business, Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Corporation has been developing measuring instruments that are indispensable "mother tools" for industry. In recent years, there has been an arising need for the highly precise measuring instruments required to develop energy efficient equipment for a more sustainable society. Also, as IoT continues to make inroads throughout industry, there is a need to develop measurement solutions for this field.
By steadily improving the high-precision measurement technologies that Yokogawa has cultivated over the past 100 plus years, Yokogawa Test & Measurement Corporation will be able to provide high value-added measurement solutions for the power, optical communications, and plant maintenance markets. Although the company's analog meter (panel meter) business was terminated in March of this year, the company will continue to help its customers through the development of innovative new technologies and by working to improve the safety and efficiency of their facilities.
Yokogawa Test & Measurement Corporation will continue to play the core role in the Group's measurement business as it partners with its customers to provide solutions that meet emerging needs.
The company logo
About Yokogawa Test & Measurement
Yokogawa has been developing measurement solutions for over 100 years, consistently finding new ways to give R&D teams the tools they need to gain the best insights from their measurement strategies. As well as offering a wide ranging product lineup and an extensive range of calibration and other services, the company has pioneered accurate power measurement throughout its history, and is the market leader in digital power analyzers.
Yokogawa instruments are renowned for maintaining high levels of precision and for continuing to deliver value for far longer than the typical shelf-life of such equipment. Yokogawa believes that precise and effective measurement lies at the heart of successful innovation - and has focused its own R&D on providing the tools that researchers and engineers need to address challenges great and small.
Yokogawa takes pride in its reputation for quality, both in the products it delivers - often adding new features in response to specific client requests - and the level of service and advice provided to clients, helping to devise measurement strategies for even the most challenging environments.For more information about Yokogawa Test & Measurement, please visit tmi.yokogawa.com/
Yokogawa's global network of 114 companies spans 59 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$3.7 billion company engages in cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is active in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and aviation and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit www.yokogawa.com.
Press Releases in April of 2017
- April 27, 2017Yokogawa Develops the ADMAG Total Insight Electromagnetic Flowmeters
- Optimizing operations and reducing maintenance costs at all phases of the product lifecycle -
- April 26, 2017Yokogawa Releases Enhanced Version of the STARDOM™ Network-based Control System
- Meeting our customers' needs by adding support for the latest OS -
- April 13, 2017Yokogawa Wins Kuwait Desalination Plant Control System Order from South Korean Plant Construction Company
- Contributing to the supply of potable water in the Middle East -
- April 11, 2017Yokogawa Releases Enhanced Version of ProSafe®-RS Safety Instrumented System
- Easy adoption and use as a fire and gas system -
- April 7, 2017Yokogawa Meters & Instruments releases entry-level OTDR with many high-end features:
- AQ1000 boosts operators' productivity for field testing over "last mile" optical access networks -
- April 6, 2017Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Corporation to Change Name to Yokogawa Test & Measurement Corporation
- A reliable partner for its customers -
- April 5, 2017Yokogawa Delivers Next-generation Plant Network Solution to the Oji Group
- First plant-wide implementation of software-defined networking (SDN) technology in Japan -