- About Yokogawa:
- 2013 Press Releases :
- 2013 Press Releases-01:
- 2013 Press Releases-02:
- 2013 Press Releases-03:
- 2013 Press Releases-04:
- 2013 Press Releases-05:
- 2013 Press Releases-06:
- 2013 Press Releases-07:
- 2013 Press Releases-08:
- 2013 Press Releases-09:
- 2013 Press Releases-10:
- 2013 Press Releases-11:
- 2013 Press Releases-12:
- 2013 Press Releases-13:
- 2013 Press Releases-14:
- 2013 Press Releases-15:
- 2013 Press Releases-16:
- 2013 Press Releases-17:
- 2013 Press Releases-18:
- 2013 Press Releases-19>
- 2013 Press Releases-06
2013 Press Releases-06
Tokyo, Japan - January 31, 2013
Yokogawa Receives Control System Order for Large Combined Cycle Power Plant in Saudi Arabia
Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces that its subsidiary, Yokogawa Middle East B.S.C.(c), has received an order to supply control systems and operator training simulators for the Shoaiba Ⅱ combined cycle power plant*1, which is being built in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the Saudi Electricity Company.
Located south of Jedda on the Red Sea coast, the Shoaiba Ⅱ combined cycle power plant will have ten gas turbines and two steam turbines with a combined output of 1,200 MW (Two Block of 600 MW each) and is scheduled to start operation in June 2013. This order was received from Daelim Industrial Co., Ltd.*2
The order is for a comprehensive solution comprising a CENTUM® VP control system and a simulator which will be used to train operators under complex simulated plant operating conditions. The CENTUM VP control system at the plant will be for the integrated control of heat recovery steam generators (HRSG) and gas turbines. For the systems and products that make up these solutions, Yokogawa Middle East and its subsidiary Yokogawa Saudi Arabia will be responsible for project execution, including engineering, testing, installation and commissioning.
Yokogawa Middle East was able to secure this order due to factors such as Yokogawa's top platinum rating for Saudization under the Saudi government's Nitaqat program. This can be attributed to the establishment by 2007 of two Yokogawa companies, Yokogawa Saudi Arabia and Yokogawa Services Saudi Arabia, to provide sales, engineering, and after sales services in the Kingdom. Also taken into consideration were Yokogawa's activities to promote professional education and provide employment in the Kingdom. Additional contributing factors were the engineering capabilities acquired by Yokogawa through the above mentioned activities, the close project support afforded through the global cooperation of the Yokogawa Group and the high functionality of Yokogawa's plant simulation solution for control function testing and operator training.
With an extensive track record in working for oil and petrochemical major companies in the Kingdom, which holds one of the world's largest oil reserves and is a global center for production and exports, Yokogawa is well positioned to take advantage of this opportunity. Encouraged by its success in being awarded this contract, Yokogawa aims to expand its controls business in the Kingdom by further targeting the power plant sector and other energy-related markets.
- *1 Combined cycle power plant
- A plant that uses both gas and steam turbines. The gas turbines generate electricity and their exhaust heat is used to generate steam, which is sent to the steam turbines to generate additional electricity. This is a very efficient power generation method that helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- *2 Daelim Industrial Co., Ltd
- An engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractor that is part of South Korea's Daelim Group. In 1966, the company became the first Korean EPC contractor to do business internationally, and is now expanding its business in the oil, petrochemical, power, and other industries in China, East Asia, and the Middle East.
Yokogawa's global network of 90 companies spans 55 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$4 billion company conducts cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is engaged in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit the website www.yokogawa.com
Press Releases in January of 2013
- January 31, 2013Yokogawa Receives Control System Order for Large Combined Cycle Power Plant in Saudi Arabia
- January 29, 2013Yokogawa and McAfee Enter Partnership to Enhance Security of Industrial Control Systems - Offering Value-added Solutions Across the Industrial Automation World -
- January 22, 2013GDF SUEZ E&P UK Ltd Awards Yokogawa Contract to Supply Integrated Control and Safety Systems for Cygnus Offshore Development Project
- January 22, 2013Update: Absorption-type Split and Merger as Part of Short-form Reorganization of Japan IA and Control Business Sales and Services (PDF: 32KB/4P)
- January 22, 2013Appointment of President and Chairman Effective April 1 (PDF: 16KB/1P)
- January 18, 2013Yokogawa Wins Control System Order for Large Combined Cycle Power Plant in Korea
- January 11, 2013Yokogawa Releases High-speed, High-accuracy Positioning Modules for FA-M3 Series Range-free Multi-controllers
- January 9, 2013Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Releases WT310 and WT330 Series Digital Power Meters