When sterilizing preserved foods by heating, bacteria must be completely annihilated without changing the heat of the product (a degradation of the taste) and the integrated fatality (F value) must be recorded and monitored. By using the computation function of the SMARTDAC+ series Paperless recorder GX/GP (relational computation, four arithmetical operations, and exponential computation), the F value can be calculated and recorded.
- The F value at a specified sterilization temperature is automatically computed and recorded as production data.
- Using external input contact, recording can be started or stopped automatically.
- Automatic data file transfer and WEB monitoring are available.
“F value” is The integrated fatality of the bacteria obtained by heat sterilization. It is the integrated value of the fatality rate (Li) of the bacteria per unit amount of time (Δt), and Li is a function of the sterilization temperature.
Configuration Example on the SMARTDAC+
Ex. Sterilization temp. Tr=121.1degC, Z value Z＝10degC,
Measurement interval Δt=0.0167min(=1sec)
K1=10, K02=10.0degC(Z value), K03=121.1degC(Sterilization temp.), K04=0.0167min(measurement Interval), K05=100degC(measurement interval)
- Constant K2 to K5 may vary depending on the conditions.
Measurement channel 0001
MATH channel A001： K01**((0001-K03)/K02) ←Li value
MATH channel A002：（A002+A001*K04)*(0001.GT.K05) ←F value
*When the temperature falls to 100℃, the value of A002 is reset to 0.
Temperature monitoring for HACCP
In HACCP, the temp. management is required for the whole food supply chain (ex. Food manufacturing, processing, cooking, and sales). SMARTDAC+ series can record multiple points of temp. in production lines, facilities or environment of storage …etc.
It provides strong supports for your temp. management.
The food and beverage industry must produce safe, high-quality foods and beverages for consumers. In addition to quality control, the manufacturing processes include many challenges such as managing ingredients, improving efficiency and handling global environmental issues. Yokogawa leverages its decades of technological expertise to help customers build and operate the ideal factory.
- SMARTDAC+ Touch Screen GX10/GX20
- Multi-point touch screen recorder
- Intuitive design
- Web functionality
- GX20 supports 920 MHz band wireless
- μR series compact industrial recorders
- Digital chart recorder + paper chart recorder
- Recording widths 100 mm (μR10000) and 180 mm (μR20000)
Contact a Yokogawa Expert to learn how we can help you solve your challenges.