- At food, beverage and pharmaceutical production lines, tanks and pipes are cleaned and sterilized every time when production is completed.
- An open tank (Height: 2 to 4 m), open to atmosphere, is used as a chemical tank containing CIP cleaning solution. (CIP: “Clean-in-Place”).
- Tank level is measured by pressure, but it is sometimes unstable to measure due to small gauge pressure from the tank with sanitary fittings.
- Pressure sensor with suitable measuring range for low pressure measurements. Among the pressure sensors with fill fluid liquid, there are limited options.
- A pressure sensor without fill fluid can withstand steam and high water pressure with rapidly changing temperature, up to 150 deg C, during cleaning process.
- Reliable and accurate performance under harsh process conditions with high noise levels.
Precise measurement of liquid level can be expected with EJAC60E,YOKOGAWA’s Fluidless-type Sanitary Pressure Transmitter, that performs reliably and accurately from minimum 20 kPa on small open tanks.
Features of EJAC60E (= EJA560E + C10SA adapter)
- Fluidless transmitter has no risk of process contamination with fill fluid.
- The sensor has a robust diaphragm design for 25 MPa (3600 psi) burst pressure.
- Transmitter performs steady even for small pressure range (example : 20 kPa, 2.9 psi).
- Sensor is suitable for high temperature steam cleaning and continuous process temperature up to 150degC (302degF).
Input-output test data:
Max span of EJA560E A capsule : 400 kPa.
Set range : 0 to 20 kPa (Span 20 kPa)
Catalog spec of Accuracy for this range : 0.75 %
Three A capsule units were tested after the range was set for 0 to 20 kPa. The output signal shows much better accuracy than the catalog spec.
- Sanitary seal multi-adapter (C10SA) for a wide range of connections is offered.
- ISO Clamp (IDF1S, 1.5 S, 2 S, 2.5 S, 3 S, 4 S)
- Union (ISO 38, 51, DIN 25, 40, 50)
- Inline (DN 25, 50, 80,100), Flash (DN 40)
Other details of Fluidless EJAC60E
- Resistant to excessive pressure
- The wetted sensor part is a reinforced type SUS 329 J 14 L.
- Metal diaphragm prevents brittle fracture
- Resistant to condensation
- High moisture resistance with special moisture-proof film + coating
- Outperforms other manufacturers more than 20 times in dew condensation tests
- Steam resistant
- Sensor is formed by sputtering method, resulting in no aging deterioration of the joint.
- Electrode is fused with metal to achieve the durability for 200,000 steam cycles.
At Yokogawa, we understand that today’s food and beverage companies face unprecedented challenges in climate change, consumer demand, and increased global competitiveness. Overcoming these challenges will require innovative solutions that focus on key areas of production, asset management, and food safety and quality.
The pharmaceutical industry currently faces a major challenge in taking full advantage of the opportunities presented in large emerging markets. Now, more than ever, pharmaceutical companies need to introduce lean manufacturing techniques that will enhance profitability. As one of the world's leading industrial automation suppliers, Yokogawa is committed to delivering the best possible solutions for your best manufacturing practices.
Yokogawa introduces Fluidless series – EJAC60E Hygienic Adapter System (Fluidless Type).
This system composes of replaceable adapters(16 adapters in total) with hygienic function of pressure detection.
Suitable for various kind of process including hygienic connection.
Hygienic Pressure Transmitters are designed to fulfil the requirements of hygienic and pharmaceutical application.
The accurate and stable measurement of process pressure with Yokogawa Pressure Transmitters supports the safe, reliable, and profitable operation of your plant.