- At food, beverage and pharmaceutical production lines, tanks and pipes are cleaned and sterilized every time when production is completed.
- An open tank (Height: 2 to 4 m), open to atmosphere, is used as a chemical tank containing CIP cleaning solution. (CIP: “Clean-in-Place”).
- Tank level is measured by pressure, but it is sometimes unstable to measure due to small gauge pressure from the tank with sanitary fittings.
- Pressure sensor with suitable measuring range for low pressure measurements. Among the pressure sensors with fill fluid liquid, there are limited options.
- A pressure sensor without fill fluid can withstand steam and high water pressure with rapidly changing temperature, up to 150 deg C, during cleaning process.
- Reliable and accurate performance under harsh process conditions with high noise levels.
Precise measurement of liquid level can be expected with EJAC60E,YOKOGAWA’s Fluidless-type Sanitary Pressure Transmitter, that performs reliably and accurately from minimum 20 kPa on small open tanks.
Features of EJAC60E (= EJA560E + C10SA adapter)
- Fluidless transmitter has no risk of process contamination with fill fluid.
- The sensor has a robust diaphragm design for 25 MPa (3600 psi) burst pressure.
- Transmitter performs steady even for small pressure range (example : 20 kPa, 2.9 psi).
- Sensor is suitable for high temperature steam cleaning and continuous process temperature up to 150degC (302degF).
Input-output test data:
Max span of EJA560E A capsule : 400 kPa.
Set range : 0 to 20 kPa (Span 20 kPa)
Catalog spec of Accuracy for this range : 0.75 %
Three A capsule units were tested after the range was set for 0 to 20 kPa. The output signal shows much better accuracy than the catalog spec.
- Sanitary seal multi-adapter (C10SA) for a wide range of connections is offered.
- ISO Clamp (IDF1S, 1.5 S, 2 S, 2.5 S, 3 S, 4 S)
- Union (ISO 38, 51, DIN 25, 40, 50)
- Inline (DN 25, 50, 80,100), Flash (DN 40)
Other details of Fluidless EJAC60E
- Resistant to excessive pressure
- The wetted sensor part is a reinforced type SUS 329 J 14 L.
- Metal diaphragm prevents brittle fracture
- Resistant to condensation
- High moisture resistance with special moisture-proof film + coating
- Outperforms other manufacturers more than 20 times in dew condensation tests
- Steam resistant
- Sensor is formed by sputtering method, resulting in no aging deterioration of the joint.
- Electrode is fused with metal to achieve the durability for 200,000 steam cycles.
EJAC60E Hygienic Adapter System (Fluidless Type)
Yokogawa introduces Fluidless series – EJAC60E Hygienic Adapter System (Fluidless Type).
This system composes of replaceable adapters(16 adapters in total) with hygienic function of pressure detection.
Suitable for various kind of process including hygienic connection.