2010 Press Releases-11
Tokyo, Japan - June 14, 2010
Yokogawa Releases FAST/TOOLS R9.03 SCADA System
FAST/TOOLS R9.03 SCADA System
Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces the release of version R9.03 of the FAST/TOOLS web-based SCADA system. Adopted by many innovative industrial automation users worldwide, this platform-independent process management software sets the standard for Operational Excellence. Combining the latest web technology with exceptional quality has resulted in the most advanced SCADA solution yet – one that is designed to meet the latest engineering and maintenance requirements. Thirty years of project experience and innovation in the oil & gas, petrochemical, and power industries are the foundation for this next generation SCADA software.
This greatly enhanced version of the FAST/TOOLS web-based SCADA system enables a new and innovative approach to remote engineering and maintenance, deploying process applications and monitoring via web-based services. Its use of the latest technologies and web-based architecture provides management and maintenance personnel easy and secure access to their assets FAST/TOOLS has high-level system integration capabilities, facilitating ever more intuitive and advanced system deployment and significantly reducing costs.
- Web-based maintenance, engineering, and application deployment
- Remote asset management drives down operating costs and optimizes the sharing and exchange of information. The latest web technologies are incorporated in the Java-based FAST/TOOLS engineering and maintenance environment to enable access and execution within standard web browsers like Internet Explorer and Firefox. This facilitates access by the various start-up and design teams to the application and system software configuration, in a zero deployment and transparent manner. The integrity and confidentiality of process information is preserved. Java was chosen as it can be used with standard web browsers; it is architecturally neutral and provides good support for superb graphics.
- Numerous benefits are derived from this concept including global access and sharing of data via collaboration centers and other venues, allowing continuous application development and management to take place. Furthermore, a reduction in the number of required paper documents and the higher level of management efficiency made possible by the continuous availability of process information are expected to lead to a reduction in cycle time.
- Secure deployment
- A commitment to security policies that are in accordance with corporate IT directives is the foundation for our development activities that are targeted at achieving a secure deployment. To enhance security, this system and its applications are hardened to prevent failures and protect against unauthorized access and use. At the same time, thanks to a simple licensing policy, it is now easier than ever to reduce costs through web-based engineering and virtualization. A web-based server and client architecture ensures easy remote access and facilitates the deployment of security enhancements as well as graphics and application services.
- Advanced engineering methods
- The new engineering and visualization editor with an advanced sheet- and form-based environment allows for a conveniently arranged framework that tremendously reduces the amount of work required for engineering and visualization. The new and easy to work with environment combines the power of today's most sophisticated graphical applications in one easy to manage package. Dynamic layers and visibility groups enable multilevel processes and KPI monitoring and supervision within a single operations architecture.
- Multi-language support
- The new operator environment is language independent and can be triggered by login procedures and the like. This allows for a mix of local and remote operators, as appropriate, and is not limited by language barriers.
- Integration capabilities
- A comprehensive new plug-in structure that goes beyond “traditional driver configuration” allows for excellent integration of new and existing infrastructure, guaranteeing seamless vertical and horizontal integration. Capabilities such as soft-marshalling and the integration of FOUNDATION™ fieldbus device messages and information are setting the standard for Operational Excellence. This is both applicable for the Yokogawa product family as well as an extensive list of third-party hardware and software products. These include the Exaquantum Plant Information Management System, the STARDOM Network-based Control System, the DAQMASTER Data Acquisition Unit, the FA-M3 PLC, and the ProSafe-RS Safety Instrumented System.
- Windows 7 and platform independence
- A variety of software platforms are supported to protect application investments and give users a full choice of hardware and software platforms. The client/host architecture operates securely on the Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003/2008 Server, UNIX, and Linux Redhat platforms.
Teruyoshi Minaki, a Yokogawa Director and Executive Vice President who heads the Industrial Automation Business Headquarters, comments as follows: "The FAST/TOOLS R9.03 web-based visualization, engineering, and remote maintenance environment brings revolutionary changes to real-time process information intelligence. It's enabling an evolution to a much more intuitive and advanced approach in remote process management and maintenance, and is easy to deploy across the web."
Main Target Markets and Applications
Process monitoring and asset management in industries such as oil and gas, petrochemicals, chemicals, power, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, food, iron and steel, waste, and water and wastewater treatment
Yokogawa's Commitment to This Field
Since 1978, Yokogawa has sold more than 10,000 FAST/TOOLS packages worldwide for use in all types of SCADA and process management projects. Yokogawa continually endeavors to meet its customers' needs by providing highly reliable enhancements to this product based on leading edge technology.
For more information about FAST/TOOLS, please visit
Yokogawa's global network of 25 manufacturing facilities and 80 companies spans 54 countries. Since its founding in 1915, the US$3 billion company has been engaged in cutting-edge research and innovation, securing more than 7,200 patents and registrations, including the world's first digital sensors for flow and pressure measurement. Industrial automation and control, test and measurement, information systems and industry support are the core businesses of Yokogawa. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit our web site at www.yokogawa.com
Press Releases in June of 2010
- June 29, 2010Yokogawa Releases HXS10 Controller for Solar Tracking Applications
- Precision tracking for maximum capture of solar energy -
- June 14, 2010Yokogawa Releases FAST/TOOLS R9.03 SCADA System
- June 10, 2010Yokogawa Announces the Release of Field Wireless Devices Based on the ISA100.11a Industrial Communications Standard
- June 3, 2010Yokogawa Releases WEBFREX3ES Online Thickness Gauge for Measuring the Coating Weight of Electrode Materials in Lithium-ion Batteries
- June 2, 2010Yokogawa Releases Enhanced Version of STARDOM™ Network-based Control System
- New FOUNDATION™ fieldbus Engineering Tool Improves Efficiency -
- June 1, 2010Yokogawa Releases Plant Resource Manager (PRM®) R3.05