2012 Press Releases-18
Tokyo, Japan - August 16, 2012
Yokogawa Concludes Exclusive Agreement with Olympus America, Inc. for Sale of CellVoyager CV1000 All-in-one Confocal Microscopy System in North America - Strengthening North American sales by capitalizing on Olympus' extensive sales network –
Yokogawa Electric Corporation is pleased to announce the conclusion of an agreement whereby the U.S. subsidiary of Olympus Corporation will serve as the exclusive distributor of Yokogawa's CellVoyager™ CV1000 all-in-one confocal microscopy systems in the U.S. and Canadian markets.
By cooperating in sales with Olympus America and taking advantage of that company's solid sales and service network covering biological research institutes in the U.S. and Canada, Yokogawa intends to expand its sales of confocal microscopy systems in the North American market.
The CellVoyager CV1000 can observe the biological changes in live cells for a long time without significant cell damages. At the core of this compact, all-in-one benchtop system are fully integrated components such as a CSU series spinning-disk confocal scanner unit, laser light sources, a scientific grade high-performance camera such as EMCCD, a precise X-Y stage, and an incubator capable of maintaining a fixed temperature, humidity, and CO2 level. This all-in-one confocal microscopy solution simplifies the task of observing live cells and eliminates the need to assemble such systems from separately purchased components. Since going on sale in January 2010, the CellVoyager CV1000 has been a global success.
Through this cooperative agreement, Yokogawa will benefit from Olympus America's name recognition and well established service network in North America, while Olympus America expects to expand its product line-up to strengthen its coverage of drug discovery research market. Both parties expect mutually beneficial business through the sales of CellVoyager CV1000 systems in the all-important North American biomedical research market.
Olympus is a precision technology leader, designing and delivering innovative solutions in its core business areas: Medical and Surgical Products, Life Science Imaging Systems, Industrial Measurement and Imaging Instruments and Cameras and Audio Products.
Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include:
- Gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products;
- Advanced research, clinical and educational microscopes and research and educational digital imaging systems;
- Industrial research, engineering, test, inspection and measuring instruments; and
- Digital cameras and voice recorders.
Olympus serves the healthcare field with integrated product solutions and financial, educational and consulting services that help customers to efficiently, reliably and more easily achieve exceptional results. Olympus develops breakthrough technologies with revolutionary product design and functionality for the consumer and professional photography markets, and also is the leader in gastrointestinal endoscopy and clinical and educational microscopes. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com
Yokogawa's global network of 90 companies spans 55 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$4 billion company conducts cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is engaged in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit the website www.yokogawa.com
Press Releases in August of 2012
- August 29, 2012Yokogawa Wins Control System Order from Korean Plant Manufacturer for Coal-fired Power Plant in Vietnam
- August 15, 2012Yokogawa Concludes Exclusive Agreement with Olympus America, Inc. for Sale of CellVoyager CV1000 All-in-one Confocal Microscopy System in North America
- Strengthening North American sales by capitalizing on Olympus' extensive sales network –
- August 15, 2012Yokogawa Releases ROTAMASS LR - the world´s smallest dual bent tube Coriolis mass flowmeter
- August 8, 2012Yokogawa Releases Enhanced Version of ADMAG AXR Series Two-wire Magnetic Flowmeters
- Aiming for the top share of the global magnetic flowmeter market -