A World Class Safety Instrumented System (SIS) for Dependable Plant Safety
The ProSafe-RS is a TÜV certified Safety Instrumented System (SIS) for use in SIL 1, 2, and 3 applications in a single modular configuration, with superior availability in a redundant configuration. It can be a standalone system or tightly integrated with our CENTUM VP Distributed Control System.
Yokogawa's safety solutions minimize interruptions with:
- Highly reliable protection at all SIL levels
- Real-time dashboard, quantifying current and future risks
- Virtual scenario testing to assess the impact of future bypasses and overrides
- Online modification, which allows plants to continue to run during upgrade
- Automated compliance reporting to optimize testing frequency
- Cradle to grave service and lifecycle assurance
Here are the top 10 reasons why ProSafe-RS is the fastest growing safety control system in the global market.
ProSafe-RS Top 10 Features & Benefits
1. Maximum Fault Tolerance
As the last line of defense, the safety controller must act reliably exactly when it needs to. Yokogawa's exclusive Versatile Modular Redundancy maintains unlimited SIL 3 operation even under multiple failure scenarios. This reliability by design allows ProSafe-RS to continue operating long after other safety systems would have failed.
2. "On the Fly" System Changes and Expansion
The high-efficiency ProSafe-RS engineering environment allows online software changes and system expansion while the safety function continues operating. No shutdown is necessary.
3. The Power of One
Our integrated control and safety architecture minimizes CAPEX and OPEX costs. It maintains safety control segregation while providing a common operator environment, common system maintenance, precise time synchronization and sequence of events analysis for DCS and SIS functions.
4. Made to Measure
Users can rely on Yokogawa for all functional safety and risk reduction needs. ProSafe-RS has the unique ability to scale from small process units to complex petrochemical and offshore production applications. Plus, its IEC 61508 type approval spans SIL1 to SIL3.
5. First Globally Certified Functional Safety Management Solution
Yokogawa’s Functional Safety Management solution is TÜV certified according to IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 Edition2 2016. This solution supports a clear functional safety policy that complies with international standards.
ProSafe-RS can interoperate with a broad range of control, SCADA and PLC systems. When used with Yokogawa’s systems, standard displays, faceplates and database compatibility substantially reduce project execution costs and user learning curves.
7. Asset Management Integration
Unlike most Safety Controllers, ProSafe-RS provides integral asset management support. It can communicate I/O and HART information directly to Yokogawa’s Plant Resource Manager without the need for a separate multiplexer. Integrated safety health checks include scheduled partial stroke valve testing.
8. Software Configurable Remote I/O
Network I/O enables automated commissioning by decoupling application engineering from field wiring. Software configurable I/O modules at the edge eliminate marshalling and reduce wiring by up to 80%. Plus, last-minute I/O changes require no new hardware and keep the project on schedule.
9. Integral Cyber Security
Today’s high demand for plant connectivity and information has resulted in a substantial increase in cyber threat vectors. With built-in security measures by design and certified by all global industry security standards, Yokogawa’s ProSafe-RS continually undergoes rigorous testing in our global cybersecurity lab to ensure maximum protection.
10. Sustainable Safety Lifecycle Solution
Yokogawa’s comprehensive safety lifecycle management solution simplifies compliance and reduces both CAPEX and OPEX. It provides Process Hazards Analysis services and solutions, an intuitive user interface, improved safety integrity reports and automated change management.
- Meet the IEC 61508/JIS C 0508 functional safety standards
- Proactively introduce leading edge technologies
- Accommodate the plant licensors' safety, reliability, and maintainability requirements
- Improve the monitoring and operation functions of the emergency shutdown system
Yokogawa Romania successfully modernized the control system at ELCEN's combined cycle heat and power plant.
A major challenge in deploying the system when all work moved to the virtual space was the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Operational Excellence by Asset Maximization, Utilizing Yokogawa's DCS, SIS, Analyzers, and Field Instruments.
- The CENTUM VP PCS and ProSafe-RS SIS were integrated using the same engineering environment.
- Nearly 60 gas chromatographs and a large number of other types of analyzers in several analyzer houses.
- Integrated CENTUM VP and ProSafe-RS Systems Ensure Nonstop Operation of ADU/DKU Processes.
- "This is a real VigilantPlant! We will continue to improve our production efficiency."
- Rapid Implementation of Integrated CENTUM CS 3000 and ProSafe-RS.
- The highly reliable CENTUM CS 3000 system has also helped TOL maintain high productivity at this plant.
Yokogawa provided integrated control and safety system to Banagas's CGP-3 gas processing plant.
N-IO based system contributes to reducing maintenance and other operating expenses (OPEX).
- Completion of First FPSO Project for Prosafe Production Services Pte Ltd
- Integrated Control & Safety System (ICSS) makes possible centralised plant supervision and management of all control and safety functions on this FPSO.
- As the main automation contractor (MAC) for this plant construction project, Yokogawa Brazil engineered, installed, and commissioned an integrated control and instrumentation solution
- Yokogawa Brazil completed the commissioning of these systems ahead of schedule and the production of green polymer was started just one week later
- A robust and reliable integrated control and safety system (ICSS) made up of the CENTUM CS3000 PCS and the ProSafe-RS SIS ensures safe operations while fully automating key processes.
- A variety of analytical instruments accurately measure the concentrations of key components, and this data can be monitored and controlled by the Yokogawa PCS.
GC8000 was selected to detect components responsible for stainless steel corrosion of pipeline.
GC8000 with custom container analyzes crude oil components every 4 mins at an offshore platform.
The Mathura refinery is a strategically important facility that supplies diesel, gasoline, aviation turbine fuel, kerosene, liquefied petroleum gas, furnace oil, and bitumen to customers throughout northwestern India.
- DCS, SIS, PRM with FOUNDATION fieldbus and OTS Installed in Thailand First LNG Terminal.
- Alarms are issued before any device fails completely, enabling predictive maintenance that reduces maintenance costs throughout the facility lifecycle.
To enable central control of the entire plant, all of its subsystems are integrated with Yokogawa's CENTUM VP DCS.
In maintaining and managing industrial plants, monitoring waste water pH/ORP is both a legal obligation and an unavoidable necessity for protecting the environment. Monitoring without an attentive eye can lead to severe consequences.
Process automation end users are under more pressure than ever to do more with less. The current economic climate means that many automation capital projects are on hold. With capital budgets tighter than ever, users instead focus on operational budgets (where cost cutting is also a key concern), or on automation investments with a very rapid return on investment.
Yokogawa has come a long way in making its message clear to the world of process automation. Last year, the company embarked on a full-scale global marketing campaign to make customers aware of the company's focus on system reliability, security, dependability, and robustness. Dubbed "Vigilance", the campaign created a unified message for the company and greatly helped expand awareness of the Yokogawa brand and corporate philosophy.
Network and system security is now a necessity in process automation industry. YOKOGAWA provides a service lifecycle solution for cyber security to ensure that the security measures and deployments are continuously enhanced, monitored and inspected.
This white paper explains the details of the security design, implementation, operation and validation solutions from the technical perspective.
Recently, several ARC Advisory Group analysts and management team members had a chance to sit down with the new Yokogawa President and COO, Mr. Takashi Nishijima, and several other top Yokogawa executives to discuss the company's burgeoning presence in the worldwide upstream and midstream oil & gas industry.
Due to emerging competitors from the rapidly growing countries such as India and China and the global economic downturn triggered by the Lehman shock, many companies in the process industries are struggling to survive the severe global competition.
Launched in February 2005, Yokogawa's ProSafe-RS safety instrumented system (SIS) quickly gained a significant share of the market. Just 18 months later, 100 units had been sold-quite a feat considering the generally conservative nature of the SIS market. So what is behind this rapid success?
A Yokogawa ProSafe-RS safety instrumented system (SIS) will be the nucleus of a new fire and gas safety system at Shell's Clyde (NSW) refinery. The contract includes the control system, system engineering and installation and supervision.
- Migration from ProSafe-PLC to ProSafe-RS (1.4 MB)
- Safety Instrumented System ProSafe-RS (5.4 MB)
- ProSafe-RS N-IO (Network I/O) (2.4 MB)
- ProSafe-RS Standalone SIS (3.0 MB)
- ProSafe-RS Partial Stroke Test (PST) (1.3 MB)
- Sustainable SIS (11.3 MB)
- SIL2 Wireless Gas Detection System (1.6 MB)
- Product Poster (751 KB)
- TÜV SIL3 Certificate (645 KB)
- ISASecure™ Embedded Device Security Assurance Program 2010.1 (117 KB)
- TÜV certified support tools class T2 IEC 61508 – iDefine for ProSafe-RS (643 KB)
- Hazardous Approvals: Certificate of Conformity (515 KB)
- Bureau Veritas: Marine and Offshore (5.2 MB)
- ABS Certificate of Design Assessment (2.4 MB)
- Lloyd's Register Certificate (378 KB)
- DNV GL Certificate for Ships. Offshore Units, and High Speed and Light Craft (174 KB)
The main feature of the ProSafe-RS R3.01 release is direct input temperature modules and support for Windows 7.
Yokogawa South Africa was appointed to design, supply and commission the Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) as well as the overall Terminal Management System at Sunrise Energy’s liquid petroleum gas (LPG) Import Terminal, the largest on- and offshore open-access LPG import terminal facility in Africa. Yokogawa’s Terminal Management System, Terminal Logistic Suite VP (TLSVP), was designed and developed to meet the exacting operational demands and logistic needs in terminals. Yokogawa’s experienced engineering resources ensured the project was successfully delivered, enabling Sunrise Energy to provide accurate mass balances and efficient terminal operations to its customers.
- For improved agility in implementing control system projects -
- Offering of a total system solution, including consulting and engineering -
- Easy adoption and use as a fire and gas system -
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us