What Are Magnetic Flow Meters?
Magnetic flow meters, also known as mag meters, are widely used in a variety of industrial field applications due to their reliable flow rate measurements and features such as low-pressure loss and maintenance-free operation.
Yokogawa’s ADMAG series magnetic flow meters are designed with dual-frequency excitation to achieve stable measurement, zero stability, and quick response times.
Learn more about how magnetic flow meters work and the technology behind Yokogawa's ADMAG flow meters.
ADMAG Total Insight
Total Insight is a Yokogawa concept for optimizing operations and reducing maintenance costs through every phase of the product lifecycle. The ADMAG TI series consists of the ADMAG AXG and the ADMAG AXW electromagnetic flow meters. The ADMAG AXG is a complete redesign of the ADMAG AXF and will accommodate bore diameters from 2.5 mm up to 500 mm, while the revamped ADMAG AXW will accommodate bore diameters ranging from 25 mm to 1800 mm.
The ADMAG TI series AXG is ideal for industrial applications including oil & gas, chemical, and pulp & paper. With built-in diagnostics and exclusive PFA injection liner, the AXG provides ease of operation while reducing total cost of ownership.
The ADMAG TI series AXW is ideal for general industrial applications including water supply and sewage. Sizes range from 1" to 72" and an assortment of lining materials are available.
The ADMAG AXR is the world's first two-wire magnetic flow meter which employs the fluid noise free "Dual Frequency Excitation Method," achieving excellent stability for instrumentation.
ADMAG CA magnetic flow meter is excellent at measurement in ultra-low conductivity fluids down to 0.01 microS/cm, adhesive fluids, or slurry fluids.
How Magnetic Flow Meters Work
Magnetic flow meters consist of a detector and a converter, with the principle of the detector adopting Faraday's electromagnetic induction law. Faraday's Law states that if conductive fluid flows in a magnetic field, an electromagnetic force is generated in proportion to the fluid's flow velocity. Generally, the inner walls of a detector's measurement tube (metal pipe made of SUS, etc.) are lined with a relatively thick insulating layer to prevent the shorting of the generated electromotive force. This insulating layer is referred to as "lining." There are many kinds of lining materials available that provide corrosion and abrasion resistance to the fluids being measured.
Industrial Benefits of Magnetic Flow Meters
All Yokogawa magnetic flow meters are engineered with dual-frequency excitation, an innovative method that superimposes high frequencies on low frequencies, providing the best of AC and pulsed DC excitation. This technology ensures excellent flow noise immunity, fast response times, and excellent stability by utilizing the low-frequency spectrum while maintaining high accuracy and high zero stability.
- To bring the customer a real-time monitoring and management capability, Yokogawa installed STARDOM (FCJ), flow meters, and transmitters at key points throughout the distribution network.
- The STARDOM FCJ controllers achieved an accurate water loss management system while keeping the running costs to a minimum.
Water Supply Treatment
FAST/TOOLS, STARDOM, Flowmeters, Liquid Analyzers
- Bali's water treatment plant decided to employ the latest reliable control system in order to increase availability and quality of operation.
- Centralized control system using FAST/TOOLS provides the sophisticated and flexible operation.
Magnetic Flowmeter dual frequency excitation provides immunity to slurry noise by good stability and accuracy, determining the maintenance timing can be recognized by monitoring of electrodes.
Yokogawa's ceramic liner can offer the customer superior resistance to thermal shock and the failure that can occur due to liner cracking. This is due to Yokogawa's use of 99.9% pure Al2O3 for the liner.
This paper introduces the ADMAG AXR 2-wire magnetic flomwmeter solution for dust collection water application of steel converter.
The use of recycled oil as an energy source presents a significant processing problem. ADMAG CA has been shown to provide reliable and stable flow measurement of recycled oil containing water.
More than half a century has passed since Yokogawa developed Japan's first magnetic flow meter for industrial use in 1955, and today, Yokogawa's magnetic flow meters are widely used in a variety of applications thanks to features such as low pressure loss and maintenance-free operation due to no obstacles and moving parts in the fluid flowing pipeline.
After having undergone several improvements, magnetic flow meters have become highly accurate and reliable and are widely used in the industrial instrument field today. Magnetic flow meters consist of a detector and a converter, with the principle of the detector adopting Faraday's electromagnetic induction law.
In 1988, Yokogawa launched the ADMAG series of magnetic flow meters with increased resistance to fluid noise and zero stability, employing dual frequency excitation which was developed based on its long-cultivated technology for flow measurement. Since then, the ADMAG family has augmented its application range with such models as explosion-proof and integral types, and a capacitance type.
Control Engineering Asia, March 2012
Enabling the operational benefits of two-wire magnetic flow meters while maintaining the performance levels associated with traditional four-wire devices.
Recent or pending air pollution legislation to reduce the amount of air pollutants is increasing worldwide. In the U.S., The Clean Air Act address numerous air quality problems. One of these problems is acid rain (much of which falls in Canada) caused by sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide emissions from fossil-fueled power plants and other industrial and transportation sources.
- ADMAG AE BRAIN Communicating Magnetic Flow Meters (58 KB)
- AXF FOUNDATION Fieldbus Communication Type Magnetic Flowmeter (791 KB)
- ADMAG AE HART Communicating Magnetic Flow Meters Pocket Guide (72 KB)
- AXF Series Magnetic Flowmeter Installation Manual (7.2 MB)
- AXF Series Magnetic Flowmeter Installation Manual FOUNDATION Fieldbus Communication Type and PROFIBUS PA Communication Type (876 KB)
- ADMAG AE HART IOM (255 KB)
- ADMAG BRAIN Communicating Advanced Magnetic Meter Pocket Guide (55 KB)
- ADMAG CA BRAIN Communicating Magnetic Flow Meter Pocket Guide (56 KB)
- ADMAG HART & BRAIN Communicating Magnetic Meter Pocket Guide (71 KB)
- ADMAG SE BRAIN Communicating Magnetic Flow Meters Pocket Guide (70 KB)
- ADMAG SE HART Communicating Magnetic Flow Meters Pocket Guide (60 KB)
- AE14 Converter (796 KB)
- AM012 - Magnetic Flow Meter Simulator (533 KB)
- Foundation Fieldbus For ADMAG AE (399 KB)
- Integral Magnetic Flow Meter AE100-300 (1.3 MB)
- Magnetic Flow Tube - AM100D-AM500D (835 KB)
- Manual Change 05-008-1E - SE100-200MJ/NJ (49 KB)
- Manual Change 05-023-1E - AE100-300 Integral (108 KB)
- Manual Change 05-023-2E - AE100-300D Remote (97 KB)
- Model SE14 Magnetic Flow Converter Manual Change (72 KB)
- Models CA100S and 200S Capacitance Magnetic Flow Meter Manual Change (81 KB)
- Models SE100DJ/EJ, SE200DJ/EJ and SE300DJ/EJ Magnetic Flow Tube Manual Change (61 KB)
- Models SE100MJ/NJ and SE200MJ/NJ Integral Type Magnetic Flow Meter Manual Change (67 KB)
- Remote Type Magnetic Flow Meter AE100-300D (738 KB)
- YMA11 User Manaul - Rev 3 (3.7 MB)
- AXF Integral Flowmeter/Remote Flowtube AXF Standard (JIS Flange) Fluorocarbon PFA Lining (96 KB)
- AXF Integral Flowmeter/Remote Flowtube, AXF Standard(Wafer), Ceramics Lining (94 KB)
- AXF Integral Flowmeter/Remote Flowtube, AXF Standard (Sanitary Type for Clamp Connection), PFA Lining (484 KB)
- AXF Integral Flowmeter/Remote Flowtube AXF Standard (DIN/AS Flange) Fluorocarbon PFA/Polyurethane Rubber/Natural Soft Rubber/EPD (95 KB)
- AXF Integral Flowmeter/Remote Flowtube, AXF Standard(Wafer), Ceramics Lining (90 KB)
- AXF Integral Flowmeter/Remote Flowtube, AXF Standard(Wafer), Ceramics Lining (89 KB)
- AXF Integral Flowmeter/Remote Flowtube, AXF Standard(Wafer), PFA/Polyurethane Rubber/Natural Soft Rubber/EPDM Rubber Lining (93 KB)
- AXF Magnetic Flowmeter Remote Converter (Optional Code /RK, AM11 Replacement Bracket) (48 KB)
This webinar will explore the fundamentals of flow measurement technologies and how they stack up in different applications.
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us