Single Cellome Unit SU10 enables the delivery of substances, such as genome editing tools, directly to the cytoplasm or nucleus of targeted single cells.
For use with an inverted optical microscope. The microscope is not included with the SU10.
Advantages of SU10
- Single-cell targeting with direct delivery into nucleus or cytoplasm.
- Minimal damage to cells.
- Automated, high speed, and high success rate.
Automated nano-point injector for single cell: SU10
Single-cell targeting with direct delivery into nucleus or cytoplasm
- Select cells for delivery while observing under a microscope and deliver substances to into nucleus or cytoplasm of targeted cells.
- Easy Control of XY-position and automatic control of delivery Z-position in software.
FITC-labelled dextran solution (molecular weight 70,000) was delivered into HeLa cells.
Minimal damage to cells
- The nanopipette is a glass pipette with minimum tip outer diameter of several tens of nanometers, minimizing damage to cells.
- Delivery with high cell viability enables live single-cell analysis.
The tip of the nanopipette under an electron microscope.
Automated, high speed, and high success rate
- The SU10 uses automated cell surface detection, insertion, and delivery to the cell. The process takes approximately 10 seconds with a 90% success rate. (Experiment by Yokogawa)
- Operations that were previously performed manually by experienced researchers are much easier with SU10.
Examples of cells that can be targeted
- Cell line (HeLa, HEK293, CHO, MDCK, HepG2, etc.)
- Primary cell culture (Neuron, Hepatocyte, etc.)
- Stem cell lines (iPS cell, ES cell, etc.)
- Immune cell lines (T cell, Ba/F3 cell, etc.)
- Plant cell with cell wall
Examples of materials that can be injected
- CRISPR-Cas9 (Cas9 RNP)
- Protein (antibody, GFP, etc.)
- Nucleic acid (single-stranded DNA, etc.)
- Fluorescent reagent
Q1. How is it different from a microinjection system?
A1. The SU10 lowers the damage to a cell with the nanopipette because its tip size is less than 1/10 of a tip used for microinjection.
Automatic detection of cell surface enables a high success rate of insertion to the intended depth of a cell.
The delivery operation uses an electrical method rather than pneumatic or hydraulic pressure.
Q2. How is it different from traditional transfection methods (e.g. transfection reagents, electroporation)?
A2. The SU10 can deliver materials into the selected cells.
The SU10 enables direct delivery of reagents into the cytoplasm or nucleus.
Q3. How is it different from electroporation?
A3. In addition to the above-mentioned “difference from traditional transfection methods”, due to automated cell surface detection, the suspension of cells is not required during injection.
Q4. What is the max volume of injection into the cell?
A4. It is estimated to be tens of femtoliter (fL) per second (1fL=1x10-15L).
The volume can be changed by software settings.
* The delivery volume may vary depending on the solute and vehicle.
Q5. Is the nanopipette disposable?
A5. Yes, but one nanopipette can deliver to 50 cells or more*.
* Experiment using HeLa cells by Yokogawa.
|Actuator Module||Coarse movement (Motor actuator)||Stroke: Approx. 50mm/axis (setting resolution XYZ axis: 0.625μm)|
|Fine movement (Piezo actuator)||Stroke:100μm/axis
(setting resolution XYZ axis: 10nm, at penetration and extraction: 1nm)
|Measurement Module||Voltage generation range||-10V to +10V (setting resolution: 10mV)|
|Current measurement range||-900nA to +900nA (setting current range:±9V)|
|Power supply||Power consumption (Main controller + Piezo controller)||100VA or lower|
|Supply voltage (Main controller)||100 to 200V / 220 to 240VAC (Switching not required)|
|Supply voltage (Piezo controller)||100 to 120V / 220 to 240VAC (model must be specified when placing an order)|
|Power supply frequency (Main controller + Piezo controller)||50/60Hz|
|External dimensions and weight||Main controller||260(W) x 99(H) x 280(D) mm, Approx. 2.8kg|
|Piezo controller||236(W) x 88(H) x 273(D) mm, Approx. 4.6kg|
|Actuator module||270*(W) x 219(H) x 245*(D) mm, Approx. 2.2kg
* In case the X and Y axes move in the direction of the maximum size
|Measurement module||85(W) x 30(H) x 43(D) mm, Approx. 0.1kg|
|Joystick||100(W) x 145(H) x 144(D) mm, Approx. 0.3kg|
|Safety guard||130(W) x 230(H) x 287(D) mm, Approx. 0.7kg|
|Tip outer diameter of nanopipette (in case of SU10ACC-NP01)||Under 100nm (reference value)|
|Operation Environment||15 to 35℃, 20 to 70%RH No condensation, altitude up to 2000m|
|Microscope compatibility||For use with an inverted optical microscope. * Microscope is not included with the SU10.
Please contact Yokogawa to possibly install the SU10 on a different inverted microscope.
Installation examples; Olympus IX71, Olympus IX83, Nikon Ti2
Хотите узнать больше о наших технологиях и решениях?Контакты