Why does the Security Risk Assessment become an important baseline to drive your security journey successfully?
Implementing an effective cybersecurity program for the industrial control system requires intensive insights into the existing and potential risks especially posed to the industrial environment. Therefore, you have to understand the latest industrial standards and regulations. Firstly, adopting a risk-based approach allows you to assess the strengths and weaknesses of security decisions within a complex operational environment. Once you understand your plant’s vulnerabilities and its risk, it will proceed you to understand better where to focus. And how to set the action plan to improve your cybersecurity protection level step by step in your plant.
Yokogawa’s cybersecurity risk assessment
In accordance with IEC 62443, which is a global standard for the security of Industrial Control Systems, Yokogawa offers risk assessment both from remote and on-site to study deeply about the security vulnerabilities within a plant’s industrial network. In addition, any vulnerabilities associated with operational technology assets (e.g. software, network, and computers) are also identified. Moreover, workshops and interviews are conducted by our experienced consultants and judge the impact level together with the customer by explaining pre-defined threat scenarios. In a joint effort with the Yokogawa Consultant and the customer, the risk is determined. No matter which stages our customer is, Yokogawa is always standing with our customers to provide the necessary support. This is followed up by the gap analysis between the existing plant and security requirements specified by IEC 62443. A clear assessment report which contains a roadmap to reduce the risk for the customer is the output deliverable of the risk assessment.
The outcome of the Risk Assessment is referred to as your security program baseline. We consider this baseline as a prerequisite for the development of the security program.
In delivering a risk assessment report, Yokogawa provides an executive summary as many other details which consist of
- Prioritization of recommendations based on exposed risk level
- Proposing a Roadmap with a remediation plan to resolve the vulnerabilities
- Evaluating existing countermeasures
- Recommendations of effective updates on the current countermeasures
- Recommendations of additional countermeasures, if necessary
Customer benefits of conducting cybersecurity risk assessment
- Companies will be able to identify the high-level to the low-level risk and create mitigation plans to address the most-increased risks and remove the critical vulnerabilities immediately. It also provides an understanding of where and when to invest in people, process and technology.
- The executive risk assessment report will include a summary of key vulnerability findings and recommend an actions plan on how to carry on the security program for the plant to achieve company goals by all the stakeholders.
- Furthermore, plant managers and operators can understand cyber risks based on global security standard IEC 62443. Our customers are satisfied with our delivered results in balancing risk against investment and effort.
- This risk assessment is based on a global methodology, executed in the same manner. Hence, no matter where the customer site across the world, the global Yokogawa team can reach out and deliver the same risk assessment output.
Discovering your Baseline with OT Security Risk Assessment
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us