The Metropolitan Cebu Water District (MCWD) needed to improve its water supply system to keep up with the growing demand.
Yokogawa installed field instruments at a total of 143 locations in MCWD’s water distribution network and a SCADA system with water leakage management software at the main office to reduce non-revenue water and improve stability of water supply.
- Integration of the current Bangalore Water Supply and Sewage Board (BWSSB) water and sewage facilities located widely in Bengaluru over VHF and GPRS.
- Stable Centralized SCADA Monitoring Center (CSMC) operation.
As the demand for food is increasing worldwide, fertilizers are playing an essential role in improving agricultural productivity. OCI Nitrogen (hereinafter OCI) is a leading producer of mineral fertilizers and the world's largest producer of melamine, which is used to make adhesives and resins for a wide range of applications, such as furniture panels, laminate flooring, coatings, paints, and plastics.
- Easy set point definition for all plant power generation operations
- Stable electric power generation
- Power plant optimization
- Control of electric power generation based on net performance
- To bring the customer a real-time monitoring and management capability, Yokogawa installed STARDOM (FCJ), flow meters, and transmitters at key points throughout the distribution network.
- The STARDOM FCJ controllers achieved an accurate water loss management system while keeping the running costs to a minimum.
- Reduced cabling costs by using a commodity GPRS network infrastructure
- Additional reduction in system cost by making full use of existing components
- Reduction in cost of software by using all web-based technology
- Long-term service contract — no need to worry about a suspension of maintenance services
- Reduced risk through distributed installation
- In-house engineering to ensure ability to perform maintenance and modification
- Time-efficient replacement using the five IEC61131-3 languages
- Ease of connecting with display panels and MES
- Reliable monitoring and control system of the world's first, 16" seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) membrane desalination plant.
- Accurate measurements of the SWRO parameters with Yokogawa conductivity meters, pH meters, and magnetic flow meters contribute to a longer SWRO membrane life and reduce Total Cost of Ownership.
- Scalable, flexible configuration with functions distributed to multiple controllers on a facility basis
- Redundant architecture optimally designed for requirements of entire plant
- General-purpose communications network used for control bus
- Integrated operation environment through web-based human-machine interface (HMI)
The Nanjing Municipal Environment Monitoring Center (NMEMC) was looking for a better system that could be adopted for use in online pollution monitoring. For the following reasons, Yokogawa STARDOM autonomous controllers with embedded Web servers were selected for this air emissions and waste water surveillance data collection and transmission system:
- The aging DCS system was replaced with an integrated control system for all processes at the Siheung water treatment plant.
- Powerful Modbus communication function of STARDOM enables integration with the existing HMI via the OPC gateway.
Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corp. was looking for a system that could be easily adopted to its plant architecture. For the following reasons, Yokogawa's STARDOM system with the FCN autonomous controller and the VDS Web-based SCADA software was selected as their control system for a Water-18O plant and other facilities.
Many different types of gases are consumed in industries as varied as chemicals, food & beverages, and medical. These gases are normally delivered in liquid form by trucks and dispensed at the customer site. Although the flow volume of cryogenic liquefied gas is used for billing purposes, it is not easy to accurately measure this because the gas is always at saturation temperatures.
Yokogawa ensures a reliable heat and CO2 transfer system by using the standard GPRS protocol. The exclusive use of webbased technology enables the market gardeners to go online to order heat and CO2 and view information.
The discharge of improperly treated industrial chemicals and fuel gas can have a major impact on the environment, posing a serious threat to public health. Concurrent with the global growth of manufacturing operations to keep pace with market trends, many countries are taking measures to deal with environmental problems.
Recently, several ARC Advisory Group analysts and management team members had a chance to sit down with the new Yokogawa President and COO, Mr. Takashi Nishijima, and several other top Yokogawa executives to discuss the company's burgeoning presence in the worldwide upstream and midstream oil & gas industry.
Recently, there is an increasing demand for operation and monitoring of all the various controllers distributed in the field on the same screens to improve plant operation efficiency. The purpose of the Unified Gateway Station (UGS) is to connect external controllers, such as the STARDOM's FCN/FCJ autonomous controllers and other vendors' controllers, to the CENTUM VP integrated production control system and to operate and monitor those external controllers on the Human Interface Station (HIS) screens, the operation and monitoring screens for the CENTUM VP.
Laser interferometers and linear scales are used for measurement of the moved distance or positioning on the stage of precision machining equipment such as manufacturing equipment for semiconductors. The laser interferometer, in particular, features high accuracy, non-contact measurement and easy installation.
For the liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry, which has witnessed healthy growth and large project investments over the last few years, Asia is right at the center of the action. Whenever any sector booms in the economy, as is the case with the liquefied natural gas (LNG) production-transport-gasification distribution network the world over, there is a concomitant growth in the demand for automation solutions.
- Autonomous Controller FCN-RTU (7.1 MB)
- Autonomous Controller FCN-500 (6.3 MB)
- Autonomous Controller FCN-500 E2 bus interface module (2.2 MB)
- Oil & Gas Wellhead & Separation Product Line-up (1.8 MB)
- Low Power Solution for Water Industry (2.5 MB)
- VDS Versatile Data Server Software (1.3 MB)
- Low Power Autonomous Controller FCN-RTU (2.1 MB)
- DTSX, STARDOM and FAST/TOOLS Solution (997 KB)
- STARDOM (Contents) (85 KB)
- STARDOM Overview (314 KB)
- VDS (187 KB)
- MELSEC Driver (135 KB)
- SYSMAC Driver (107 KB)
- OPC Server Driver (99 KB)
- Report Package (228 KB)
- Trend Package (156 KB)
- Multi-task Package (109 KB)
- DARWIN Driver (259 KB)
- Extended Security Package (161 KB)
- Gas Flow Calculation Portfolio (FCN-RTU) (226 KB)
- OPC Data Link Package for .NET (141 KB)
- Test Package (108 KB)
- Gas Flow Calculation Portfolio (FCN-500) (201 KB)
- Application Portfolios for FCN/FCJ (FCN-500/FCN-RTU) (846 KB)
- Liquid Flow Calculation Portfolio (119 KB)
- DNP3 Communication Portfolio (FCN-500/FCN-RTU) (765 KB)
- FCN-RTU Low Power Autonomous Controller Functions (266 KB)
- FCN Autonomous Controller Functions (FCN-500) (442 KB)
- Turbomachinery Controller Overview (FCN-500/FCN-RTU) (312 KB)
- FCN-RTU Low Power Autonomous Controller Hardware (2.3 MB)
- Field Connection Specifications (585 KB)
- FCN Autonomous Controller Hardware (FCN-500) (1.7 MB)
- Analog I/O Modules (263 KB)
- Turbomachinery I/O Module (412 KB)
- Digital I/O Modules (361 KB)
- Serial Communication Module (174 KB)
- MIL Connector Terminal Blocks, MIL Connector Cables (422 KB)
- Terminal Block (145 KB)
- STARDOM FOUNDATION fieldbus Communication (377 KB)
- HART Communication Functions (190 KB)
- FCN/FCJ OPC Server for Windows (210 KB)
- Foundation Fieldbus Communication Module (171 KB)
- PROFIBUS-DP Communication Module (328 KB)
- Duplexed Network Program for FCN/FCJ OPC Server (126 KB)
- FCN/FCJ Duolet Application Development Kit (157 KB)
- CANopen Communication Module (296 KB)
- FCN/FCJ Simulator (124 KB)
- Logic Designer (362 KB)
- VDS/ASTMAC Release Up Kit R7 (155 KB)
- VDS Release Up Kit R9 (126 KB)
- VDS Release Up Kit R8 (125 KB)
On April 18th 2018, YOKOGAWA has released the new unit extension module: “E2 bus interface module” for the STARDOM autonomous controller “FCN-500”. Excellent Scalability and Excellent Reliability, FCN-500 has evolved with “Excellence × 2”.
Providing an introduction to the features of STARDOM autonomous controller ‘FCN’. “Faster, Stronger, Smarter”, the FCN-500 STARDOM controller strengthens your core competencies with field proven reliability.
New CPU module for the STARDOM autonomous controller 'FCN' is unveiled. “Faster, Stronger, Smarter” controller will strengthen your competencies.
Yokogawa presents a demonstration of how the combination of Stardom FCN-RTU and FAST/TOOLS SCADA can be combined to provide a powerful control and data collection system where in the event of a network disconnection or computer outage - Stardom internally buffers data that would otherwise be lost and on reconnection or restoration of the SCADA Server FAST/TOOLS is able to back-fill missing data in its trend.