Control Network Vnet/IP
Control Network, Vnet/IP
In 2004, Yokogawa introduced the Vnet/IP control network for production control systems.
Achilles Level 1+ Robustness Against Cyber Attack Yokogawa has received Achilles Level 1+ certification for Vnet/IP controllers.
What is Required in a Control Network?
Our users require the ability to incorporate commercially available communication devices in their network systems while maintaining the high reliability, real-time control capability, and stable communications that are the hallmarks of conventional control networks.
- The aim is not just to benefit from general-purpose technologies, but to create a common platform that can connect with a variety of equipment.
Users are looking to reduce network configuration costs by utilizing the latest commercially available network equipment.
- A wider selection of communications media must be available and network configuration must be more flexible.
Control Network Innovation (Vnet/IP)
A new control network protocol that incorporates general communication functions and enables highly reliable, real-time, and stable communications is now available.
- Name: Vnet/IP
This new control network protocol is called Vnet/IP because it is compatible with Vnet and used the IP Internet protocol for general-purpose communications.
- Vnet/IP is a 1-Gbps control network that is functionally compatible with V net and is based on the Ethernet protocol.
- The Vnet/IP control network conforms to CPF-10 of the Real-Time Ethernet(RTE) communication profile defined in IEC 61784-2.
How Does Vnet/IP Compare to V net?
Vnet/IP has all the advantages of V net, which remains an excellent control network, while offering substantially higher throughput.
Supports V net-compatible protocols and incorporates all V net communications functions
- Reliability (Redundant bus configuration)
Features a robust redundant configuration that switches buses quickly in event of failure - equivalent to V net
Response times are equivalent to V net’s, but throughput is up to ten times greater, depending on the performance of the communications station.
Reliability (functional compatibility)
Vnet/IP incorporates all current V net services.
- Same fast response times of V net
- Throughput approximately ten times greater(*) than V net
- Monitoring of station status (updating live list) at 1-second intervals, same as with V net
- Time synchronization accuracy of 1 millisecond within the same domain
- Note:(*)The actual throughput depends on the performance of the communication station.