Achieving Customer Trust and Satisfaction by Delivering
Guided by shared concepts and rules, the Yokogawa Group implements quality management on a daily basis to deliver products and services that meet customer expectations. Every year, the Group establishes quality targets and measures in the Yokogawa Group Quality Plan and implements quality activities on the basis of this plan to ensure high quality.
The basic quality policy
- Quality management is carried out in order to implement customer focus based on "Quality First," which is the spirit of foundation, and "Healthy and Profitable Management" through improvements in management quality.
- Products that meet statutory and regulatory requirements as well as customer requirements are supplied.
- Appropriate quality management systems conforming to the International Standard ISO 9001 requirements are established and implemented. In addition, the effectiveness of those systems is continually improved.
- Customer requirements are fulfilled and customer satisfaction is increased through the results of quality activities in all organizations and personnel. For this purpose, each employee must feel that the quality of his or her work has a direct bearing on product quality, and that the company believes in "Quality First".
- The head of each organization is responsible for the quality of the relevant businesses. The responsibilities include ensuring that adequate resources are made available.
Customer Satisfaction and Quality
Yokogawa provides quality products and solutions that satisfy our customers. This is built upon the Quality First founding spirit that we have preserved for over 100 years. Our quality management consists of three basic elements: Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Improvement (QI), and Quality mind(the quality-first mindset)(Qm).
Quality Assurance (QA)
Continually seeking to provide better products to customers based on the philosophy of quality being the highest priority.
Quality Improvement (QI)
Establishing a system to provide quality products and services.
Quality mind (Qm)
Each and every employee having the quality-first mindset that is the Yokogawa Group’s founding sprit.
We believe that we can satisfy our customers' expectations and build long-lasting relationships of trust only when all of these elements are engaged. Yokogawa believes the first-quality mindset is particularly important for maintaining high levels of quality. All Yokogawa Group employees are aware of the importance of having the quality-first mindset, and quality is built into each operation based on Group-wide rules and approaches.
Quality Assurance Activities
Since its founding, Yokogawa has built quality management systems into each process from development, planning, design, and manufacturing to sales and service, in order to deliver products and solutions that satisfy its customers.
Yokogawa first obtained ISO 9001 certification in 1992, and its major Group companies in and outside Japan have also obtained the certification. Specialists deal with the issues and problems with products that are encountered by customers.
Yokogawa has a service system featuring its Global Response Center that continually watches over customer equipment globally to ensure the equipment’s safety.
Yokogawa also ensures the traceability of measurement instruments as part of its quality assurance system.
Yokogawa was the first company in Japan to obtain Japan Calibration Service System (JCSS) certification for flow meter calibrators.
Yokogawa QHSE* Month
QHSE Month poster
In 1960 in Japan, November was set as Quality Month by the Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers, the Japanese Standards Association, the Japan Productivity Center, and the Japan Management Association. Yokogawa has continuously engaged in related activities during November.
Starting in 2018, we engage in an array of activities within the Group in November every year, having added occupational health and safety and environmental conservation, which are the foundation of management, to quality and renamed the month Yokogawa QHSE Month.
To instill the importance of quality, occupational safety and health, and environmental conservation in the minds of all employees, we have put up QHSE Month posters designed by an employee of a Group company. In addition to the quality-first mindset, we convey the thoughts of senior management regarding occupational safety and health, and environmental conservation to the employees of the Group in a QHSE Month message.
*QHSE: Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Management
Yokogawa QA Booklet
QA Booklet for manufacturing workers
To maintain and improve quality, Yokogawa has prepared a QA Booklet that explains the attitude that is necessary during every day work in easy-to-understand terms. The booklet has been translated into five languages to facilitate implementation across the Group. Workers carry it at all times to ensure they maintain a quality-first mindset.
QHSE (Quality Health & Safety and Environment) Management