Press Release - September 14, 2018
Tokyo, Japan - September 14, 2018
Yokogawa Receives SICE Award
Yokogawa Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6841) announces that it has received a Technology Award from the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers (SICE)*1 for its achievements in the development of an IIoT-enabled flow configuration tool. The award was presented on September 13.
The Technology Award is in the highest rank of awards conferred by SICE. It is given in recognition of the development of a technology or methodology within the past five calendar years that represents a significant advance in any one of the science & technology fields or industries in which SICE is involved. Further information about Yokogawa’s receipt of this award is as follows:
Development of a flow configuration tool that uses IIoT technologies for asset management
Reason for winning
Yokogawa’s FlowNavigator is a software tool that is used to configure the flow parameters for multivariable transmitters and vortex flowmeters and thereby ensure the precise measurement of mass flow. With its support of the latest FDT*2 standard (FDT2.0), this software allows users to monitor the status of their instruments on a smartphone or an Ethernet-enabled device from anywhere in a plant and at any time. Compatibility between the FDT2.0 and OPC UA industrial standards allows the integration of FlowNavigator data with data from manufacturing execution systems (MES), enterprise resource planning (ERP) packages, and other software. For its achievement in developing key technologies for an asset management tool that makes full use of industrial IoT (IIoT) to measure mass flow, Yokogawa was given the Technology Award.
*1 The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers (SICE) was founded in 1961 to promote collaboration among scientists and engineers from various fields. In such areas as measurement, control, and information systems, SICE is working hard to address issues faced by the oil, petrochemical, iron and steel, chemical, telecommunication, and other industries. Since its establishment, SICE has supported advanced academic research in Japan.
*2 Field Device Tool (FDT) is a standard that provides an open interface for the exchange of data between control systems and field devices such as pressure transmitters and flowmeters. It was developed and is promoted by the FDT Group, a non-profit organization.
Founded in 1915, Yokogawa engages in broad-ranging activities in the areas of measurement, control, and information. The industrial automation business provides vital products, services, and solutions to a diverse range of process industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, and pulp and paper. With the life innovation business the company aims to radically improve productivity across the pharmaceutical and food industry value chains. The test & measurement, aviation, and other businesses continue to provide essential instruments and equipment with industry-leading precision and reliability. Yokogawa co-innovates with its customers through a global network of 113 companies spanning 61 countries, generating US$3.8 billion in sales in FY2017. For more information, please visit www.yokogawa.com.
The names of corporations, organizations, products and standard herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Press Releases in September of 2018
- September 20, 2018Yokogawa Test & Measurement Releases the WT5000 Precision Power Analyzer
- A high-precision power analyzer with seven input elements and ±0.03% measurement accuracy for the development of highly efficient electric vehicles and renewable energy systems -
- September 19, 2018Yokogawa Releases the DTSX™1 Fiber Optic Heat Detector
- An OpreX™ Field Instruments facility monitoring and fire detection solution that is housed in an easy-to-install enclosure -
- September 14, 2018Yokogawa Receives SICE Award
- September 10, 2018Yokogawa Releases Process Data Analytics R1.02
- An OpreX™ Asset Operations and Optimization solution that helps to improve production by enhancing data analysis and shortening the trial-and-error cycle -
- September 3, 2018Yokogawa Signs Global Reseller License Agreement with Chevron for PETRO Planning Technology
- Integration into Yokogawa's supply chain management portfolio unlocks value for customers in the energy and chemical markets -