Introduction & Process Overview
Package boilers require less fuel and electric power to operate and are widely used in the pharmaceutical, food, ceramic, and other industries. A package boiler operates more efficiently if the oxygen concentration in the flue gas is reduced. On the other hand, insufficient air intake causes incomplete combustion, resulting in increased smoke emission. Optimizing air intake for boiler operation requires continuous measurement of the oxygen concentration in the flue gas.
The typical package boiler is a water tube boiler or flue and smoke tube boiler with a capacity of 5 to 20 t/h (average steam generation capacity). The most widely used fuels are heavy oil, light oil, kerosene, and gas.
The ZR22G/ZR802G zirconia oxygen analyzer is ideally suited for package boilers thanks to its long service life and low maintenance, and is an effective tool for the reduction of fuel and electric power consumption.
- Increases combustion efficiency of package boilers
- Stable, continuous measurement
- Reduces operating cost
- Keeps the initial cost of equipment replacement to a minimum
|Measuring point||Boiler outlet, economizer outlet|
|Temperature||150 to 300 °C|
|Flow Velocity||15 m/s max.|
|Dust||1 g/Nm3 max.|
Effectiveness in Saving Energy
A 1% reduction in excess oxygen of flue gas realizes a 0.8% saving in fuel.
|Flow setting unit||ZA8F-☐*C|
|Dust guard protector||K9471UC|
|Rated voltage||100 to 240 V AC|
|Rated frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||330 VA (Max. 800 VA)|
|Instrument air||300 to 700 kPa|
Notes on Installation
- The detector should be mounted 2 to 3 m away from the boiler outlet.
- Typical good/bad installation examples are shown in Figure 1.
- The ZR22G/802G zirconia oxygen analyzer can also be used in bagasse- or bark-fired boilers under general conditions.
- Use of VVVF control can yield further reductions in fuel and electric power consumption. This can be done by combining the zirconia oxygen analyzer with a VVVF inverter and a programmable controller.
Figure 1 Instructions for Installation
Zirconia Oxygen/Humidity Analyzer ZR22G, ZR802G
This Oxygen concentration and humidity at high temperatures consists of a ZR22G detector equipped with a long-life and highly reliable zirconia sensor, and a converter ZR802G equipped with digital communication and data log functions.
ZR22G and ZR802G can be measured directly and continuously without a sampling device. It is easy to maintain and reduce operating costs by self-diagnosis of sensor deterioration (without using calibration gas )and replacing the heater assembly on site.
Contact a Yokogawa Expert to learn how we can help you solve your challenges.