Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3:
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4:
- the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
- Principle 5:
- the effective abolition of child labor; and
- Principle 6:
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7:
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8:
- undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9:
- encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10:
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery