Four phthalates have been added to restricted substances of the EU RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU) based on the Commission Delegated Directive 2015/863/EU, and industrial monitoring and control instruments will be subject to this addition from July 22, 2021.
Yokogawa Electric Group companies will provide industrial monitoring and control instruments conforming to the RoHS Directive (including the newly added four substances) that are to be placed on the market with CE marking. Accordingly, Yokogawa Electric Group companies have already started selling products that comply with this directive, and are expanding the RoHS compliant products as appropriate.
At the same time, service maintenance provided by Yokogawa Electric Group companies will use RoHS compliant service parts for the RoHS compliant products in principle.
Specifically, we will handle this in the following ways.
- Regarding the parts/products which are used/exchanged for local services (maintenance on site, inspection and maintenance, etc.), we will use RoHS compliant parts/products for the RoHS compliant products.
- We will manage and lend alternative products, separated into RoHS compliant products and non-RoHS compliant products.
- If we have to deal with anything other than the items mentioned above for local service and lending of alternatives, we will do so after obtaining approval based on prior consultation with the customer
- Regarding factory rework, separate lines will be used to repair the RoHS compliant products and the non-RoHS compliant products.
Regarding factory rework, contamination of the work environment from restricted substances will be prevented by separating repair lines of the RoHS compliant products and the non-RoHS compliant products, etc..
(The newly restricted phthalates have very high transferability from plastics, etc. containing these substances. Therefore, although RoHS compliance of the restricted substances cannot be guaranteed for factory rework of unpacked products provided to the customer, contamination will be prevented when it is handled within each group companies)
You can identify RoHS conformity on the CE marking affixed to the products by the serial number, manufacturing date, or others. For instructions, see the product's users' manuals or general specification sheets.
If there are any questions about the above, please contact salespersons or servicepersons.
Overview of the EU RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU)
- Additional four substances by the Commission Delegated Directive 2015/863/EU 4 types of phthalates (DEHP, BBP, DBP, DIBP)
- Enforcement date (Category 9 = Monitoring and control instruments)
Monitoring and control instruments, including industrial monitoring and control instruments: July 22, 2021 (Example of Yokogawa products: Distributed control systems, safety instrumented systems, flow-meters, transmitters, analytical products, measuring instruments, recorders, PLC, etc. (Note 1.))
(Note 1.) except some products to be applied exclusion, etc.
- Description of content
Electric and electronic equipment to be placed on the EU market should not contain hazardous substances specified in 2011/65 / EU Annex II beyond the permissible value.