YFGW520 Field Wireless Access Point is based on wireless communications standard ISA100.11a for industrial automation of International Society of Automation (ISA). This product has backbone router function based on ISA, and combining this with Field Wireless Management Station (YFGW410) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter (YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.YFGW520 is a successor to YFGW510, enabling robust and longer distance
backbone network construction.
- The high-performance industrial wireless relay device of the world's smallest class:
This product is an industrial wireless relay device of the smallest-in-the-world class based on multiple wireless standards. By that, this product expands a field wireless network, and provides reliable communication.
- Duocast (ISA100.11a Standard):
This product has a Duocast function of ISA100.11a standard. Reliability of the field wireless communication can be enhanced through receiving data simultaneously with two YFGW520s.
- Robust and plant-wide network:
YFGW520 supports two types of optical fiber communication option, makes it possible to construct a noise resistant and long distance (max 5 km) backbone network by combining with YFGW610.
Field Network Specifications
|Raw data rate||250kbps|
|RF Transmitter Power||Max 12dBm|
|Communication Protocol||Field Wireless||ISA100.11a|
|Management configuration, etc.||－|
Field Wireless Backbone Specifications *1
|Frequency||b/g: 2400-2483.5MHz, |
|Raw data rate||1～54Mbps||100Mbps||100Mbps|
|RF Transmitter Power||Max 15dBm||－||－|
|Connector||N type||RJ-45||SC connector |
[ single pole × 2 ]3
|Cable Type||coaxial||Category 5||Multimode fiber, Single mode fiber|
|Port||Max 2 port||1 port||1 port|
|Communication Protocol||Field Wireless||－||－||－|
|Management configuration, etc.||IEEE1588PTP v24, |
|IEEE1588PTP v24, |
|IEEE1588PTP v24, |
- In outdoor wiring to Field Network or 100BASE-TX of Field Wireless Backbone, use optical fiber cables with a nonmetallic tension member, combining with YFGW610
- This product requires a wireless LAN access point for connection with YFGW410 in the wireless LAN in field wireless backbone.
- 2-pole SC connector cannot be used due to the conduit hole size limitation. SC connector should use Short Boot type.
- Installation of these multiple product and YFGW410 in one field wireless subnet requires direct connection or the connection via IEEE1588PTP basis products.
- TCP based custom protocol used for communication between this product and YFGW410.
|Functional specifications||Temperature Range||Operating: -40 to +65°C (altitude: up to 3000m) |
Storage: -40 to +85°C
|Humidity Range||Operating: 5 to 95 %RH (non-condensation) |
Storage: 5 to 95 %RH (non-condensation)
|Temperature gradient||Operating: ±10°C/h or less |
Storage: ±20°C/h or less
|Power Supply||Voltage Range: 10.0～26.4 V DC |
Rated Voltage: 24 V DC
Momentary Power Failure: Instant Disconnection
DC Power Supply Ripple Ratio: 1%p-p or less
|Power Consumption||Max. 3.5 W|
|Grounding||Class-D grounding (no sharing ground with others)|
|Cooling||Natural Air Cooling|
|Regulatory Compliance Statements||Regulation Conformity of the Wireless Module|| |
|R&TTE Conformity Standards|| |
|Safety Requirements||CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1|
|Explosion Protected Types||FM, CSA Nonincendive Approval |
ATEX Type n declaration
IECEx Type n Approval
ATEX, IECEx Flameproof Approval
FM(United States or Canada): Flameproof Approval (under pending)
Wireless Multi-Input Temperature Transmitter YTMX580 can accept inputs from up to 8 points, and contribute to your CAPEX cost reduction.
Eliminating the wire using wireless transmitter is the perfect solution for rotating equipment. It establishes data collection between the transmitter and the gateway by reliable communication even though the dryer was rotating.
One important risk to manage with regard to coal stacks is preventing fires due to spontaneous combustion.
Delayed Coker is a type of coker who's process consists of heating residual oil feed to its thermal cracking temperature in a furnace. The most important variable in industrial furnace control is temperature. Temperature is measured throughout the furnace in different zones and temperature effects the materials being manufactured and therefore must be precisely monitored to prevent deviations in quality of the final product.
- The distance is not so long, but there are many pipes and tanks ("Pipe Jungle") in the field.
- Had to avoid the obstacles and take care multi path condition.
Repeater is installed on high place between control room and monitor position. The extend cable is used for antenna of Gateway.
- Temperature Transmitter (YTA) x1, Pressure Transmitter (EJX) x2
Direct Reduction Iron (DRI) is one of the processes to reduce oxygen from iron oxide pellets for steel plant. More than 90% of DRI processes use heated LNG as process gas where PID control for temperature or interlock control is of vital importance.
Pressure measurement of tubeless tyres to monitor the air loss is one of the key performance tests in the tyre manufacturing units. Relocation of tyres from one testing rack to the other for various tests and frequent movement of the testing setup for conditional tests to various locations calls for cable free implementation for ease of handling.
- Oil level measurement of diesel tanks that feed fuel to their diesel generator's which are at three locations and 400 meters apart from each other.
- Also to measure level , pressure and flow to and from their main storage yard.
ISA100 Wireless Temperature and Pressure Transmitters
- Gateway x1, Temperature Transmitter (YTA) x1, Pressure Transmitter (EJX) x1
High quality wireless communication confirmed
- Packet Error Rate (PER) is 0 to 2.5%/ 5 days
- Manual temperature reading requires walking about 130 m and climbing up and down elevated sections of the dryer stages.
- Multiple temperature measurement points along the various stages of the dryer require many cables to the control room.
- Very high humidity.
- Wireless temperature measurement
gateway x1, transmitter (YTA) x1
repeater x1: between gateway and YTA.
- High quality wireless communication was confirmed.
With repeater at center: The packet error rate was 0%.
Geothermal power plants create electricity from geothermal energy. These power plants are similar to other steam turbine station; however their heat source is that of the earth's core. The created steam is used to turn the turbine for the production of electricity. Technologies include Dry steam, Flash steam and Binary cycle power stations with Binary cycle being the most common geothermal plant in current production. In the process of geothermal power generation the facility needs to monitor various processes, as in this case steam line pressure sits in remote from control room's location.
A horizontal rotary miller used to grind the limestone rocks with metallic balls as grinding stones. This is used as the raw ingredient to produce cement powder. The temperature needs to be monitored in order to control the process and the quality of the final product. The user was using an induction temperature measurement based on a rail system that was very fragile and therefore unreliable.
- Wireless pressure and temperature monitoring.
- Repeater was set under the gateway.
- The maximum distance between the repeater and transmitters is approximately 500m.
Both bulk and finished inventories are stored in distributed tank farm remote from the site operations. These are difficult to instrument due to the infrastructure cost involved. These are then monitored daily by patrol rounds. While effective, this method does require a large skilled labor force to monitor all of tanks. This can impose an additional risk when the stored medium is of a hazardous nature.
Wireless technology has a long history, and it began around the time that James C. Maxwell theoretically predicted and then proved the existence of electromagnetic waves in the 1860s, and when Heinrich R. Hertz experimentally confirmed the actual existence of the electromagnetic wave in 1888.
In plant sites, there are various places such as those affording an unobstructed view like tank yards, and others surrounded by metal pipes and equipment obstructing the view (hereafter referred to "pipe jungles"), often seen in oil refinery and chemical on-site plants. The frequency band of radio waves used for field wireless communication is 2.4 GHz, which has high straightness and its ability to go around things can hardly be expected.
The FieldMate versatile device management wizard is PC software mainly used for configuring and adjusting field devices. Under the concept of "one tool for all," Yokogawa has been enhancing this software to support a wide range of field devices and field communication protocols.
In recent years, expectations for control systems using wireless communications have been increasing in the process control market. This is because these systems do not require power and communication wiring for field instruments, enabling reduced initial and maintenance costs, and easy installation.
- YFGW520 Field Wireless Access Point Read Me First * See Manual Change 23-08E (4.1 MB)
- Manual Change 23-08E (405 KB)
- YFGW520 Field Wireless Access Point (2.9 MB)
- China RoHS for Accessories (Antenna, Remote antenna cable) (178 KB)
- China RoHS for Accessories (Battery pack assembly, Battery case, Batteries) (158 KB)