Exaquantum is one of the most comprehensive Plant Information Management Systems (PIMS) available for process industries. Exaquantum can acquire data from all facets of a process and transform that data into easily usable, high-value, widely distributed information.
The data then becomes an integral part of the set of tools used by the business in vital decision-making processes.
Exaquantum R3.30 Released (March 2021)
Exaquantum R3.30 supports gathering alarm and event information from UACS (Unified Alarms and Conditions Server) that was released in CENTUM VP R6.07.10 as a new component. And Exaquantum R3.30 supports Windows Server 2019 and Office 2019 to be used in the customer’s new environment.
Exaquantum is Yokogawa’s plant historian suite that provides a central database from which information can be extracted and presented to users throughout the organisation, enabling them to achieve safe, reliable and optimal plant operations. Exaquantum turns data into actionable information, enabling the smooth running and optimization of process operations.
- Easy business-wide information distribution
- Plant data is enhanced and used throughout the business
- Data can be accessed from multiple Process Control Systems
- Provision of long term plant history
- Event-triggered processing of data into business information
- Time-resolved event history
- An integrated platform
- Exaquantum runs on the MS Windows platform, using industry standard technologies
Exaquantum/Explorer in Design Time
Exaquantum/Explorer in Run Time
Exaquantum delivers a wide range of functionality suitable for many different production environments. The following list covers the major functional groups as a high level indication of the capabilities available:
- Interfacing with plant data systems using industry standard OPC (including OPC UA)
- Automatic database configuration and management, based on PCS configuration
- Dynamic plant data hierarchy
- Comprehensive job-directed and type-specific historization, archiving and aggregation of many data types
- Extensive data management
- Flexible scheduled and ad-hoc reporting including embedded Microsoft Excel, Word, Internet/entrant and other applications
- Comprehensive trending facilities for real time and historical data
- Data analysis ranging from standard calculations to complex user defined functions
- User role dependent information display and security
- Closing functions based on the plant's production calendar, including automatic and manual data correction
- Statistical quality and process control
- Powerful user interface available via thick client (Exaquantum/Explorer), web-enabled thin client (Exaquantum/Web) and an Excel add-in
- Extensive information exchange with other applications (CSV, OLE DB and APIs')
- Alarm and event handling
- Automatic system administration and documentation
- Exaquantum/Web allows users to connect to Exaquantum systems using Internet technology
- Suitable for Apple and Windows Devices
- 7 inches or Larger
- Touch Friendly
- Pinch and Zoom Gestures supported
- Scalable Graphics
- Exaquantum maximises the benefits of Microsoft Windows technology in a way that achieves the 'openness' and 'interoperability' that has for so long eluded the computing world
- Automatic database equalisation ensures Exaquantum always reflects the current status of the plant
- Historical database and real time database seamlessly provide comprehensive information about all aspects of the plant in real time or historical form
- Business historian with optimised archiving and aggregation of raw and derived data ensures minimum use of storage media without loss of information
- Closing calculations are performed according to user defined rules based on the following:
- Plant production calendar for batch and continuous processes with authorised correction
- Automatic recalculation (re-closing) and signing off for automatic inclusion in reports
- Production calendar can accommodate any time period and supports daylight saving
- Exaquantum provides an extremely powerful and flexible analysis and reporting facility. Drag & drop techniques enable comprehensive displays and reports to be created without programming. Displays can include dynamic graphics, trends, mimics, graphs, charts, spreadsheets, text, alarm & events, tabulated data and embedded objects. Simple scripting is available for users to create any number and complexity of calculations
- OLE DB and API component technology provides extensive information exchange with other applications for inclusion in reports, distributing information etc. (e.g. Internet/entrant for sharing reports with remote sites, inclusion of CCTV or sound in displays, obtaining up to the minute commodity values)
- Comprehensive trending facilities provide real time and historical, single or multi-trend groups. Historical trends will seamlessly span recent and archived data
- Data quality embraces confidence and consistency ratings that are propagated throughout calculations
Exaquantum employs Microsoft Windows based client/server architecture with direct interfaces to plant data systems and business systems. This architecture enables applications from small single process installations to very large plant-wide systems. By integrating data from across a whole plant it is possible to serve many diverse users configured from the same basic components.
- Enhanced, seamless information flow within and between plant systems and business applications
- Automated instantaneous reporting
- Integrated information from plant data and business systems
- Aids Measurement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Automatic database configuration and updating
- Rapid and simple implementation
- Industry standard Microsoft Windows operating system
Exaquantum has a very clear business-directed focus to integrate data across an enterprise, delivering operational information to the whole business. Exaquantum provides industry with powerful plant information management, covering both business and process control domains. It eliminates the gap between business systems and process control by integrating information to meet complex business requirements.
Exaquantum provides the basis for Plant Information Management Systems (PIMS) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) that delivers business benefits to users in the Hydrocarbons, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Food & Drink, Manufacturing and other continuous or batch processing industries. This is achieved by integrating data from all facets of the business, then transforming these into usable, high-value business information, which can be used as part of the enterprise's vital decision support tool set.
Yokogawa's LIMS Data Exchange (Exaquantum/LDX) enables data from LIMS packages to be reported to Exaquantum users throughout the plant. LDX stores LIMS data supplied by LIMS packages (such as LabWare LIMS) into Exaquantum tags. Data is passed into Exaquantum tags whenever a test result is released by an authorised laboratory person. Quality data can then be combined with Process data providing much richer trends, reports and KPIs.
Exaquantum/VPN enables business systems to extract data from the process environment, without compromising security. Exaquantum/VPN provides a secure and controlled connection, typically through a firewall, initiated from an OPC server (running as a service) to the Exaquantum system (OPC client). Security is ensured by utilizing a VPN Protocol (for example, PPTP, L2TP over IPSec, or any other VPN protocol that may terminate on the Exaquantum Server) to provide an encrypted link.
Exaquantum Historical Data Manager allows Exaquantum to continually collect process data from an OPC HDA Server(s) into an Exaquantum Real-Time database. Normally data received from an OPC HDA server is stored directly into the Exaquantum Historical Database. By storing the data into the Real-Time database, graphical screens, calculations and aggregations will be updated.
Exaquantum/FDM reads CSV formatted files containing process data from a specified File folder(s) and then transfers the data into the Exaquantum Historian.
The Read Interval at which Exaquantum/FDM checks each file folder for the presence of new files is configurable. On each folder access, all CSV files present in the folder are processed up to a configured maximum number of files for that Read Interval. Files continue to be processed at each successive Read Interval until no further files remain in the File folder.
After processing in file creation order, files with no errors are moved to a specified Archive files folder while files which cause errors during the read are moved to a specified Error files folder. The maximum number of files kept in each folder may be specified to prevent unlimited use of disk space.
File names written to a File folder must be unique. If a file with the same name already exists in the Error or Archive files folder then the newly-processed file is simply deleted. If an error occurs while moving a file to the Archive or Error files folder an error is logged and the file is deleted. During file processing the status (success or error) of the processing is logged to the Windows Event log.
1.3 CSV File Format
The information provided for each row in each CSV file is:
- Tag Name (Mandatory). This is the Exaquantum Tag (data point) name.
- Value (Mandatory). This is the Tag value.
- Quality (Optional). If present, the Quality will be stored with the Tag Value. The Quality definitions are configurable for instance Good Quality = 1 or Good Quality = "Good".
- Timestamp (Optional). A Timestamp for the Tag Value can be entered otherwise the current time when the CSV file is read will be used. The timestamp format is configurable for instance 'ddMMyyyy HHmm' or 'ddMMyyyy HH:mm:ss'.
The following is an example of a CSV file containing two rows.
704F000103.MODE,15042013 1400,"This is a text string",1
Column 1 = Tag Name
Column 2 = Data time stamp using the format 'ddMMyyyy HHmm'
Column 3 = Data Value
Column 4 = Data Quality (0 = Bad Quality, 1 = Good Quality, 2 = Uncertain Quality)
Emails can be sent from Exaquantum
- From filtered Alarms & Events
- From an Exaquantum Calculated Tag
- At the end of each Exaquantum Tag Aggregation period
An email can be sent to one or more email addresses
Alarm & Events
Every Alarm & Event received by Exaquantum can have one or more filters configured for one or more fields resulting in an email being sent if a match occurs
Tight integration with CS 3000 & CENTUM VP alarms
- System Alarms (e.g. hardware issue)
- Process Alarm (e.g. HIHI)
- Operation Guide
- Mode/Status Change (e.g. device MANUAL to AUTO)
- Engineering Maintenance
- Operation Record
- Special order Message
Alarms & Events received from Non-Yokogawa DCSs, ESDs, etc. are also supported
Exaquantum Calculated tags can contain programming to send an email based on one or more tag values, such as:
- Outside an operating range
- Production goal achieved
The ability to create a common graphical screen hierarchy and run-time features accessible by all users, such as linked trend groups and report selections, is time consuming, inefficient and difficult to manage.
The Exaquantum/GF (GUI Framework) for Exaquantum provides common user access facilities across all Exaquantum/Explorer screens. These screens can be accessed by supervisors and managers needing to view the plant's processes. Screen interrelationships and linked features such as access to screen specific Microsoft Excel reports and trends provide in-depth access to key information. Screens are grouped within plant hierarchies.
The screen plant hierarchy is easy to configure and maintain
- Replay past plant incidents by using the History Replay facility within the currently displayed screen
- User access to pre-configured trends assigned to the currently displayed screen
- Each user can configure up to 16 personal trends accessible at any time from any Exaquantum/Explorer enabled PC
- User access to pre-configured Microsoft Excel reports assigned to the currently displayed screen
- Navigate directly to any graphic by selecting the required graphic from the hierarchal graphic list
- User efficiency is increased by being able to rapidly move between display screens via navigation buttons
- Drag & drop process data from the displayed screen and/or the Exaquantum Data Selector onto an always-on- top trend screen
- Ability to search for specific screens
- Ability to print the currently displayed screen
Plant personnel often require detailed analysis of data collected by their Exaquantum Historian to identify problems, reduce plant maintenance, improve production, etc.
Exaquantum/RM (Report Manager) provides authorized users with the ability to create scheduled Microsoft Excel reports using Exaquantum Historian data. Reports can be emailed to one or more people, printed and/or stored.
- Flexible, easy to use interface
- The full power of Microsoft Excel enhanced with the Report Manager Excel add-in
- A report can be linked to multiple schedules
- Unattended report creation into a defined folder
- Automated printing of reports
- Automated emailing of reports
- Report templates can be grouped within folders to provide flexible management
- Each report can be formatted as an Excel spreadsheet(s), PDF document and/or XPS document
Windows 10 Semi-Annual Channel Version support
The operation has already confirmed by the following version.
|End of Service by Microsoft||May 11, 2021||May 11, 2021||Dec. 8, 2020||May 10, 2022||Dec. 14, 2021||May 9, 2023||Dec. 13, 2022|
|Exaquantum Revision 3.20||(*1)||(*1)||(*1)||OK (*2)||OK (*2)||OK (*2)||N/A(*3)|
|Exaquantum Revision 3.30||N/A||N/A||N/A||OK (*2)||OK (*2)||OK (*2)||OK (*2)|
OK: Available, N/A: Not Available
(*1) Support ended with end of support by Microsoft
(*2) Only Exaquantum Client can be installed
(*3) Upgrading to Exaquantum Revision 3.30 is required
|End of Service by Microsoft||Nov. 12, 2019||Nov. 10, 2020||Dec. 8 2020||May 11, 2021||Dec. 14, 2021||May 10, 2022||Dec. 13, 2022|
|Exaquantum Revision 3.20||(*1)||(*1)||(*1)||(*1)||OK (*2)||OK (*2)||N/A(*3)|
|Exaquantum Revision 3.30||N/A||N/A||N/A||(*1)||OK (*2)||OK (*2)||OK (*2)|
OK: Available, N/A: Not Available
(*1) Support ended with end of support by Microsoft
(*2) Only Exaquantum Client can be installed
(*3) Upgrading to Exaquantum Revision 3.30 is required
Microsoft 365 support
The operation has already confirmed by the following version.
|Exaquantum Revision 3.30||OK||OK||OK|
Updated : Oct. 26, 2021
- Highlyadvanced biopharmaceutical plant uses CENTUM, VP Batch, Exaquantum and PRM.
- Total system integration for large-scale biotech production facility.
- CENTUM CS 3000 Reemplaza el Sistema Legacy para la Planta de Energía de Residuos Más Grande de París
- El Exaquantum se utiliza para el cálculo del desempeño de la planta y para generar los informes necesarios para optimizar las operaciones y demostrar el cumplimiento regulatorio
- Exaquantum Achieves $2 Million in Annual Savings for CENIBRA Pulp & Paper Plant.
- Following an upgrade to the CENTUM CS 3000 Production Control System, leading pulp and paper supplier CENIBRA saw the potential for further savings and efficiencies through tighter control of the production process.
Mori Building is one of the leading property developers in Japan, with consolidated annual sales of US$1.4 billion in 2004. Mori Building owns 127 buildings and many of them are located in the center of Tokyo. The Roppongi Hills Mori Tower (Mori Tower) is a well known ultramodern skyscraper that was built in 2003.
Eraring Power Station, located just north of Sydney, is one of the largest power stations in Australia, comprising four 660MW coal-fired units. The power station has operated reliably since 1981. To ensure continued reliability for the next few decades, Eraring Energy, the owner of the power plant, decided to replace the original hard-wired control equipment with a modern integrated control and monitoring system (ICMS).
- Innovative GEOLIDE waste water treatment complex in Marseille uses CENTUM and Exaquantum.
- The visualization of all data on items such as motor and pump operating time and chemical consumption amount allows operators to optimize key operation items.
- Realization of current and historical data viewing and storage
- Achievement of easy measurement of alarm load and in-depth alarm analysis
- Easy-to-use report system
- Electric power demand monitoring screen with enhanced real-time capability
- Monitoring screens for estimated free calcium oxide content
- Automatic production control ranging from schedule to instructions, current status display, actual data collection, and report output
- Yokogawa Proporciona CENTUM CS 3000 y ProSafe-RS para la Terminal de LNG Más Grande de Europa
- El simulador de entrenamiento de operador de la planta (OTS) OmegaLand de Yokogawa ayuda a reducir costos, optimizar los procesos de las terminales de LNG.
- Yokogawa recibe la concesión para la transición urgente de la planta DCS de BP Sharjah.
- Yokogawa fue seleccionada por BP como el principal contratista de automatización (MAC) para un proyecto para reemplazar el DCS existente de la planta de Sharjah con el CENTUM VP de Yokogawa.
Rousselot Ghent won Belgium Factory of the Future Award. Yokogawa has supported Rousselot with automation systems since 1993.
Data of 20,000 tags gathered by Exaquantum helped to find the ideal production parameters.
Improved plant operation efficiency and reduced maintenance costs based on appropriate predictive maintenance are the common objectives that need to be achieved in every manufacturing domain. Exaquantum is positioned above the Process Control System (PCS) layer and gathers and stores huge volumes of process and laboratory data over long terms.
Most, if not all, pharmaceutical companies today are moving towards a paperless reporting structure. This article examines FDA's 21 CFR Part 11 regulations, which relate to technical and procedural compliance for electronic records and signatures.
Modern historians do much more than just store process data. They also provide analysis, reports, and valuable operational and business information.
ARC believes that by implementing procedural automation, many process plants can minimize variability to help ensure smooth, efficient, and safe state transitions.
Exaquantum/ARA is a comprehensive set of statistical reports and KPIs based upon ISA 18.2-2009 & EEMUA 191. Alarm and Events can be aggregated by hour, day, shift, week, month, quarter and year providing alarm rates, counts, peaks, floods, etc. Exaquantum/ARA can be used to reduce the number of unwanted and distracting alarms allowing operators to react faster to abnormal situations with the proper corrective action, resulting in a safer and more productive plant, reduced environmental risk, enhanced maintenance response; Reduction in the amount of equipment damage. This package is part of our Alarm Management suite that utilizes software tools, alarm rationalization processes, and alarm philosophy generation as part of the solution aimed at reducing operator stress, operator overload prevention, and providing KPI information to key stakeholders on demand and by emails facilitating efficient and timely decision making.
Exaquantum/DTA enables Downtime analysis to be carried out by automatically recording times when plant equipment is not running ('Downtimes') and production figures which are less than the Maximum Sustainable Production Rate ('Rate Losses'). Reasons can then be assigned to these events to add context. The solution provides statistics including support for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) that are integral to the operational decision making process with a view to minimizing plant loss and maximizing future production.
The solution allows implementation of a continuous plant availability improvement program through increased awareness of Downtime and Rate Loss within the operating process and equipment dynamics. Exaquantum/DTA can be used to prioritize maintenance by identifying the causes and effects of production loss and reduces manual data entry inaccuracies by automating data collection.
Exaquantum is a comprehensive Plant Information Management System (PIMS) incorporating a data historian for real time and historical data, alarms, and events along with aggregations, role-based views and KPIs, graphical HMI, trends, reports, and integration with different systems. It provides a cetralized repository for users throughout the plant and is the foundation for most of Yokogawa's production, safety, and alarm optimization solutions and operator effectiveness solutions. Exaquantum can acquire data from all facets of a process and transform that data into easily usable, high-value actionable information that can be made avaialable across the enterprise.
Exaquantum/GF (graphical framework) provides an enhanced user interface tool for the Exaquantum/Explorer environment. It provides graphic navigation control, history replay, integration of additional process information, user configurable trend groups and links to frequently used functions. These enhancements reduce configuration time for graphics and trend groups, and improves analysis with a history replay feature.
Exaquantum/RM (Report Manager) allows using Microsoft Excel to create reports. Reports are scheduled on demand or periodically (hourly, weekly, monthly, etc.). Reports can be saved as web pages, Excel files, and as PDFs. Using standard off the shelf environment tools enables timely creation and distribution of reports, including reduced leanring curve and manpower in the production of regular reports along with easier auditing and management of reports.
Exaquantum/OTM provides long-term trending of process values combined with Alarm and Events. It provides System-wide and user-specific trend groups with quick and easy access to important process information. This raised visibility allows optimizing plant performance and safety by helping operators to identify changes in plant behavior that require attention.
Exaquantum /PPC provides real-time power performance calculations for primary and auxilliary equipment (such as boilers, turbines, heat exchangers) as well as overall plant efficiency.
The configuration environment is easy to use with pre-built blocks based on ASME PTC that are used to defined specific plant configurations. 'What-if' analysis provides the ability to examine different plant operating scenarios and the impact.
The solution provides key performance indicator dashboards for targeted useres to increase performance awareness that enables improved power plant efficiency, optimized maintenance, better asset utilization, bottleneck identification, and energy loss identification for continuous improvement and identificatin of optimal operating conditions.
Exaquantum/SER is a unified sequence of events recorder solution that provides a plantwide integrated view of alarms, events and associated process data. It identfies, collects, and processes alarms, events and process data related to plant trips from systems throughout the plant (DCS, historians, PIMS, PLCs, process automataion controllers, SCADA systems, safety systems, etc.) and stores the created information in an open and portable database. It can be used to provide trip detection based upon specific plant conditions and provide a full log of all relevant process information in the crucial period before and after a plant event. Exaquantum/SER's plantwide integrated view can be used for peformance analysis and in aiding investigation teams in performing root cause analysis and problem identification. This solution assists in the elimination or reduction in the number of unexpected incidents and trips while increasing availability and production.
Exaquantum is one of the most comprehensive Plant Information Management Systems (PIMS) available for process industries.
- With OPC UA support and stronger security -
- Improved web and data analysis functions to enhance plant operations -
Yokogawa Releases Exaquantum R3.20 Plant Information Management System, a Software Package in the OpreX Asset Operations and Optimization Family
- Significantly expanded data acquisition and export capabilities -
¿En busca de información adicional sobre Yokogawa Iberia, tecnología y soluciones?Contáctenos