Operating within a subsea environment adds a number of safety challenges for organizations. Subsea well valves form an important part of the subsea infrastructure, and are used to isolate or control the raw material flow through undersea pipelines. Subsea valves are exposed to massive external pressure, salt-water corrosion and debris in the materials carried and therefore safe operation is critical. These valves can degrade and deteriorate over time that can adversely impact operational efficiency, and have the potential to effect the safety environment. Operators require access to subsea valve data, and be made aware of changes to valve characteristics and signatures, to reduce potential issues or abnormalities from occurring.
To support the safety and operations of the subsea environment, Yokogawa has developed a solution that notifies operators of the early signs of valve degradation by accessing valve signature data. This powerful monitoring tool also detects abnormal operating conditions for temperature, pressure and sand in the subsea system, presenting data to operators to quickly isolate problems and take corrective actions.
Exaquantum Subsea Historian (Exaquantum/SSH) collects data to assist the early identification of valve degradation and dangerous process conditions. Operators can quickly isolate problems and take corrective actions before production and performance is impacted.
Through the continuous monitoring of data generated by the subsea system, unexpected operational issues can be reduced, providing a continuous health check of the subsea system.
By integrating within a Yokogawa DCS, operators can view valve information on HIS (Human Interface Station) screens in the control room with alarm notifications displayed alongside valve signatures, highlighting any abnormal valve operations. Users can also quickly access Fast Scan page displaying DHPT and ASD data showing valve operating conditions for enhanced evaluation and analysis.
- Reduce risk with early warning and detection of valve degradation
- Increased situational awareness, to react effectively to abnormal conditions
- Reduce unexpected operational issues with a continuous health check of the subsea system
- Improve maintenance programs
- Better decisions with unified access to information
- Valve Signature data is displayed on trend charts with the associated baseline to show any deviations
- Deviation alarms quickly alert operators to abnormal valve occurrences
- Collects and stores all valve signatures in date and time order, displaying the most recent valve activations
- Data can be filtered by wells, valves, transition types, time period and deviation status for quick selection
- Fast Scan page provides a display of Downhole Pressure & Temperature (DHPT) and Acoustic Sand Detector (ASD) sensor data showing valve operating conditions
- Continuously collects data from FMC Technologies subsea systems using the FMC722 communications protocol
- Data can be collected for up to sixteen pairs of FMC Topside Processing Units (TPUs) by the SSH Data Collector Server and stored in Exaquantum PIMS
- Data recovery is available following a service shutdown or lost connection to the SSH Data Collector Server
- Determines the best sensor to use for valve data collection, including information from redundant sensors
- SSH Data Collector Server has the ability to retrieve valve data directly from the FMC Data Historian if present
Safety & Environment Protection
- Identify early signs of valve degradation with visual display of signature deviations from the current baseline for every valve signature
- By analyzing valve performance, operators are able to identify wear, drift and sticking valves that enables preventative maintenance before failure
- Operators have insight into operational conditions with access to temperature, pressure and sand data which is time and date stamped
- Navigate valve data quickly via filters to pinpoint areas of concern. When selecting a valve, the detailed view can help isolate valve problems rapidly and corrective actions taken to improve operational performance
- By accessing data direct from the TPU, Exaquantum PIMS is used to reliably collect and store historical subsea system data
Notification of Potential Issues
- Simplified monitoring and analysis of subsea data
- Abnormal valve operation can trigger DCS alarms, alerting operators of issues on the HIS (Human Interface Stations) in the control room
- Alarm notifications from the DCS are displayed alongside valve signature data for a more complete picture of valve activity
- Full listing of stored valve signatures that can be filtered by wells, valves, transition types, time period and deviation status to provide operators with analysis by intuitive selection
- Trending and alarm displays providing analysis of valve signature data comparing conditions before and after the closing or opening of valves
- View the current valve signature against a baseline for early detection of valve degradation
- View of the selected valve signature with navigation to the previous or following signature of the same valve and type for continuous evaluation of valve performance
- Deviation sensor alarm showing if a sensor has deviated from the baseline, alerting operators
- Related alarms from the DCS are displayed alongside the valve signature page providing context for the operators
- Trending to provide analysis of DHPT and ASD data for enhanced evaluation and analysis
- Valve signature and fast scan data can be exported to allow further analysis from third party applications
- Direct access to valve signatures list page or valve signature page through parametrized web query
Data recovery between the Exaquantum Server and the SSH Data Collector Server is available following an Exaquantum Server service shutdown or following connection loss to the SSH Data Collector Server.
Once the Exaquantum Server is available or network connection to the Data Collector Server is restored, data will be automatically retrieved from the SSH Data Collector Server for the downtime period. Data recovery allows controlled down time of the Exaquantum Server without affecting data integrity.
SSH system configuration allows configuration of redundancy in two scenarios.
- Configuration of two SSH Data Collector Servers – this allows automatic/manual fail over if a SSH Data Collector Server is not providing data to an acceptable level.
- Configuration of data quality assessment within the interface between the Exaquantum Server and the Data Collector Server (SSH or FMC) – This allows the underlying redundant sensor data to be assessed for quality with the best available values being stored within the Exaquantum Server.
- Yokogawa provides CENTUM VP subsea and topsides integrated control systems to Stones subsea wells in the Gulf of Mexico.
- The high reliable CENTUM VP system was ideally suited for the world's deepest subsea facility.
Documentos y Descargas
Exaquantum is a comprehensive Plant Information Management System (PIMS) incorporating a data historian for real time and historical data, alarms, and events along with aggregations, role-based views and KPIs, graphical HMI, trends, reports, and integration with different systems. It provides a cetralized repository for users throughout the plant and is the foundation for most of Yokogawa's production, safety, and alarm optimization solutions and operator effectiveness solutions. Exaquantum can acquire data from all facets of a process and transform that data into easily usable, high-value actionable information that can be made avaialable across the enterprise.
Exaquantum/SER is a unified sequence of events recorder solution that provides a plantwide integrated view of alarms, events and associated process data. It identfies, collects, and processes alarms, events and process data related to plant trips from systems throughout the plant (DCS, historians, PIMS, PLCs, process automataion controllers, SCADA systems, safety systems, etc.) and stores the created information in an open and portable database. It can be used to provide trip detection based upon specific plant conditions and provide a full log of all relevant process information in the crucial period before and after a plant event. Exaquantum/SER's plantwide integrated view can be used for peformance analysis and in aiding investigation teams in performing root cause analysis and problem identification. This solution assists in the elimination or reduction in the number of unexpected incidents and trips while increasing availability and production.
¿En busca de información adicional sobre Yokogawa Iberia, tecnología y soluciones?Contáctenos