Platform for Advanced Control and Estimation
For nearly 20 years, Yokogawa has provided hundreds of APC licenses and consulting & engineering services for a variety of process units. Yokogawa understands that tight, yet flexible integration with APC and DCS results in more profitable operations, and that regulatory control stabilization is important as a baseline for a control hierarchy.
Our all inclusive Platform for Advanced Control and Estimation brings multi-variable control, quality estimation, complex custom calculations, and operator user interface design all into one application; in doing so, dramatically reducing deployment time and simplifying maintenance for robust performance.
Through a short feasibility study, the financial and operability benefits are estimated utilizing our past experience implementing control improvements, based on the historical operating data analysis.
Stable Base-Layer Control with Advanced Regulatory Controls
Stable base-layer control is the first step towards stable operation. Our standard Advance Regulatory Control modules can be deployed rapidly to achieve stable control prior to introduction of Advanced Process Control.
Dramatically Reduce Modeling Time with Integrated Dynamic Modeling Tools and Automatic Step-Tests
Automatic Step Testing is designed to excite the plant for full dynamic response while continuing process control and economic optimization. The powerful identification and modeling tools allow engineers to quickly extract the dynamic model from the plant responses.
This integrated tool can reduce the step-testing and modeling efforts by half, as compared with traditional manual step testing
Holistic Advanced Process Control Application
Advanced Process Control applications usually need to work with other applications such as Quality Estimators, User Calculations and base Layer Control Blocks.
Having sequenced multiple processors (controller, estimator, etc.) and all the supporting functions into the same environment (including customization of the user interface to the control application), our platform empowers control engineers to rapidly develop APC applications. This holistic environment platform drastically reduces the application development time.
Achieve High Control Performance in Less Commissioning Time with State-of-the-Art On-line Commissioning Tool
The capability to run a "staged" (read only) version in parallel with the "Live" (read and write) version allows the Control Engineer to validate the modification before going live, checking the controller response with different tuning parameters, changes in Controlled Variable and Manipulated Variable etc., and swap "Live" version for the "Staged" version, with no down time.
The commissioning tool comes with powerful Trending functions that help the engineer to quickly identify model mismatches.
This on-line commissioning environment reduces commissioning efforts and time half.
Sustained Performance with Advanced Monitoring & Diagnostics Tool
Control performance deteriorates over time due to changes in feed qualities, plant dynamics, new control objectives, new operating modes, and many other factors.
The Advanced Monitoring and Diagnostics Tool constantly monitors the control applications performance, model errors and other metrics. Dynamic tuning of an On-line Controller can be carried-out as well. There is also an interactive performance analysis tool that can help engineers to identify the bad actors.
Once the bad actors are found, they are fixed to sustain good control performance, securing the APC generated benefits.
Multivariable Control & Quality Estimation
Yokogawa's APC platform has been co-developed with Shell: one of the world leading pioneers in development and application of Advanced Control Technologies in the energy industry.
Our latest Platform for Advanced Control and Estimation is a best in class suite; Platform for Advanced Control and Estimation is meant to rapidly deploy and sustain Advanced Control Applications that generate benefits throughout the plant lifecycle.
Design Time provides a single workspace for the following: process data management, process dynamics modeling, processor and sequence design, and scenario-based simulation - all of which are based on best practices in Advanced Process Control deployment.
Seamless sharing of information between Design Time and Run Time empowers control engineers to develop complex applications rapidly.
Preliminary Controller Design
A defined preliminary control matrix which consists of Controlled Variables (CV) and Manipulated Variables (MV) is used for the automatic plant-step response test under Run Time.
Robust Model Identification
The plant step response data is imported to Design Time. The data is then cleaned using various tools, such as bad slicing, data clamping and rule-based cleaning, for model identification.
Multiple Linear Dynamic Models can be identified over a wide operating range using the model statistics with traffic light indication of the model's robustness. Multiple model elements for a single Input/output pair, and non-linear gain formulas, are supported.
Complex Application Development
A Complex plant-wide application can be developed within the same Workspace with multiple types of processors - such as plant-wide Controller with multiple sub-systems, estimator, real-time optimization interface, and custom processors.
Control model transfer functions are changeable online. Multiple model elements can be switched to handle processes with non-linear dynamics as well.
Furthermore, a custom processor provides a versatile capability to build a custom calculation and/or logic using VB or C#.
Run Time environment supports two RUN modes; Staged (Read Only) and Live (Read and Write). Running the two modes in parallel allows the Control Engineer to validate modifications in a Staged version before swapping with the Live version.
The Human-Machine interface panel is organized hierarchically for easy visualization of process conditions and status of the control system. Operators and engineers can access relevant information quickly and easily by clicking the icons, navigation tree and breadcrumbs.
Auto Step Testing
Auto Step testing initiates automatic plant step response tests with the Preliminary Controller Design. The Plant step response data is stored in the embedded historian.
Tiled trends give support to validate process responses for dynamic model identification.
New Human-Machine Interface with Key Performance Indicator Faceplate
The human-machine Interface adopts a new key performance indicator Faceplate with a health status, improving interactions with operators and control engineers.
The human-machine Interface panel is defined using variable-sets, meant to strategically organize the variables into relevant groups. it comes with an integrated powerful trending tool and Dynamic Relationship panel to support operations and application maintenance - especially for very large applications.
Online tuning supports the control engineer in the validation of integrated Estimator Model and Controller Tuningusing real process data in real-time, before putting the application in Live active control.
Flexible controller tuning combined with comprehensive simulation allows for engineers to test the entire runtime application under different situations, in parallel.
Introducing the new concept of Best Performance Value (BPV): Defined as the most desired point CV operation in the case of infeasibility, the controller optimizes MV move plans to slow the movement of CVs from their BPVs - yielding a superior transient dynamic performance of the controller.
OpreX is the comprehensive brand for Yokogawa’s industrial automation (IA) and control business. The OpreX name stands for excellence in the technologies and solutions that Yokogawa cultivates through the co-creation of value with its customers, and encompasses the entire range of Yokogawa’s IA products, services, and solutions. This brand comprises the following five categories: OpreX Transformation, OpreX Control, OpreX Measurement, OpreX Execution, and OpreX Lifecycle. Platform for Advanced Control and Estimation, an OpreX Asset Operations and Optimization family solution in the OpreX Transformation category, delivers operational excellence throughout an enterprise’s activities, from production through to supply chain optimization and risk and business management.
With this brand, Yokogawa will deliver integrated solutions that address specific needs and support its customers in their efforts to transform and grow their businesses.
Advanced Regulatory Controls
Advanced Regulatory Controls are field-proven, user-friendly and off-the-shelf standard function libraries designed to stabilize base layer control and can be used in conjunction with Multivariable Optimizing Control and Robust Quality Estimation to achieve desired control and operating objectives.
The Shell Surge Volume Control (SSVC)
SSVC is designed to take full advantage of the Surge Capacity available in the plant to achieve a more stable operation. The SSVC module managers the surge vessel's level within specified limits while minimizing flow fluctuation entering or leaving the surge vessel. The algorithm is designed to work not only for one surge volume but also for cascading surge volume such as cascading Distillation Columns. The algorithm will take advantage of periods when there are no large disturbances to bring the level to ideal set-point, to make capacity to absorb the next large distubances.
Furnace Pass Balancing (BALANCE)
BALANCE is designed to evenely distribute the heat energy absorbed by each pass in a multi-pass heating furnace. The BALANCE module improves Furnace Efficiency by passing more flow through those passes with higher heat recovery, balancing the outlet temperature of each pass. Each BALANCE module can manage up to two furnaces with up to two cells/chambers. Each cell can have up to 16 passes (coils) and each pass can have up to a maximum of 5 skin temperatures reading. The BALANCE module also manages the total Flow through the Furnaces, which is a very valuable tool for the management of Heating Furnace.
Measurment Validation and Comparison (MVC)
MVC algorithm is designed to validate two field measurements of the same process output variable for comparison. Deviations between two field measurements of the same process output variable for comparison. Deviations between two field measurements above a reference value are continuosly accumulated, and when the accumulated value exceeds a certain limit, an alarm results.
Advanced Monitoring and Diagnosis
Advanced Monitoring and Diagnosis is designed to sustain and improve the performance of Advanced Process Control Applications and base layer control loops.
Hierarchial Performance Monitoring
- In Hierarchal Performance Monitoring the web viewer provides a browser-based monitoring and reporting interface to the on-line database.
- The monitoring view summarizes information and data by date, control performance and operator interventions for the chosen asset type and the customization asset level hierarchy.
- Web property pages can be used to navigate from the top of the hierarchy to the bottom, and vice versa. Web property pages also provide property information about all data items from the location configuration, down to a single tag.
- The real-time reporting tool uses current data to highlight the bad actors at the base layer or advanced control loops that require operator action immediately.
- The executive report summarizes performances for the entire location using assets from the preferred hierarchy level.
- Escalation reports per monitoring type are customizable.
- The reports can be emailed, printed, or exported as a file for use in Excel.
Interactive Performance Analysis
The off-line diagnosis tools use statistical methods to extract the essential control performance information and provide interactive analysis screens to find the root causes of control problems.
- Profit variable calculation
- Benefit forecasting
- Response pilots
- Controlled variable error decomposition
- Degrees of freedom analysis
- Constraint analysis
- PID tuning function
- A phased upgrade approach from CENTUM CS to CENTUM VP was planned to meet tight LNG carriers schedules.
- The collaboration using CENTUM VP and APC provides optimization of gas liquefaction operation.
- This is the first project in which Shell Global Solutions US has used a contractor outside of Shell for its Advanced Process Control implementation
- The post implementation study shows that the overall Delayed Coker APC controller returns a benefit which is almost three times the original promise.
- To decrease downtime and maintenance costs, the decision was made to introduce Yokogawa's CENTUM DCS.
- With well-experienced MAC approach, Yokogawa replaced successfully legacy DCS.
Samsung Petrochemical Co. Ltd. (SPCL), a major Korean petrochemical company, produces 700,000 tons per year of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) at its Daesan plant. PTA, a white powder substance that is produced by oxidizing and refining para-xylene, is a precursor to polyethylene terephthalate (PET), a polyester material that has excellent thermal resistance and wear resistance and is widely used as a substitute for natural cotton fibers and in film packaging, beverage bottles, tire cords, paints, adhesives, and other applications.
- HMEL seleccionó una solución integrada de Yokogawa
- Yokogawa India supervisó e implementó la ingeniería, instalación y puesta en marcha de la refinería.
- Based on a careful review of all operational procedures and operator roles and configured new SOPs in Exapilot.
- As a result, SFC has been able to reduce operator workload, improve product quality, and reduce production losses.
- The Advanced Process Control application on the GOHT unit helped control the plant with less variation during Coker drum switch and with less operator interactions and minimized giveaway.
- A post-implementation study estimated that the overall GOHT Unit APC controller returns a savings about 198% greater than the originally estimated.
- At the company's Ulsan resin plant, six Exaquantum servers were connected to CENTUM CS 3000 and other vendor's systems.
- KKPC needed to expand its SBC capabilities and improve production efficiency at its plants.
A Malaysian Gas Processing and Transmission Company a subsidiary of the national oil & gas major, plays a prominent role in the gas business value chain. The company operates as a throughput service company providing the services of processing and transmission of gas to the power generation sectors and various customers.
- Implementation of multivariable optimizing controllers and robust quality estimators within a record short period
- 3% rise expected in CCR feed amount
- The Advanced Process Control application implemented on the Scotford MEG unit helped control the plant with less variation, resulting in maximized TEG production and reductions in overall steam consumption.
- TEG production increases were greater than originally estimated and the prices for steam and TEG used in the post-implementation study were reduced significantly.
PT. Tanjung Enim Lestari Pulp and Paper (PT. TEL) operates a pulp mill in Muara Enim, which is 130 km west of Palembang, the capital of Indonesia's South Sumatra province. This is the only pulp mill in the world to produce high-quality, bleached-hardwood kraft pulp solely from plantation grown Acacia mangium trees.
Documentos y Descargas
Nota de Prensa jun 4, 2015
Yokogawa and Shell Jointly Develop Next-generation Platform for Advanced Control and Estimation
- Improved design, deployment, and maintenance of advanced process control applications -
¿En busca de información adicional sobre Yokogawa Iberia, tecnología y soluciones?Contáctenos