Pressure measurement of tubeless tyres to monitor the air loss is one of the key performance tests in the tyre manufacturing units. Relocation of tyres from one testing rack to the other for various tests and frequent movement of the testing setup for conditional tests to various locations calls for cable free implementation for ease of handling.
- NO signal cables, NO power cables, NO problem of cable damage – Less maintenance
- Continuous online measurement of pressure and automated data logging– Enhanced Performance
- Low power consumption devices with proven battery life of over 1.7 years for pressure transmitters; powered by non-proprietary batteries – Reduced OPEX
- High accurate sensors for measurement with Wireless capabilities enables cable free operation – Operational flexibility
Generally offline gauges are used for the pressure measurement during the testing procedure to have a setup which can be relocated for different conditional tests. Since the accuracy of measurements with offline gauges were not satisfactory, wired transmitters were used with sufficient cabling to cover the entire testing area. The measured data during the testing process was manually logged and records maintained to track.
Cable free operation for operational flexibility with movable test set up, accurate measurements to monitor air loss and to record at a centralized location is the key challenge in maintaining the quality and performance of the manufactured tyres.
Yokogawa's unique digital sensing technology DPharp synonymous for high precision sensing and industry proven IEC62734 ISA100.11a wireless protocol for reliable wireless communication provides a unique combination to ensure end to end wireless digital sensing. Wireless pressure transmitters help in easy movement of the test set up to various locations for conditional tests without cumbersome cabling involved. Wireless transmitters being battery powered further enhances the freedom of movement with no requirement of wires for powering.
Output from the management station with access point, which is gateway infrastructure is connected to Yokogawa's paperless recorder enabling automated centralized data logging and recording facility.
- Reliable: Continuous signal availability.
- Accurate: Dependable digital sensors for measurement.
- Ease of use: Free to move test set up.
EJX530B x 8
DX1000 x 1
YFGW510 x 1
YFGW410 x 1
Representative image only
- Yokogawa's wireless pressure transmitters enabled cable free operation with accurate measurements overcoming the key challenges of application requirements.
- Paperless recorders with Modbus input facilitates data recording feature. This ensures automated continuous data logging without human intervention.
- ISA100 scalable gateway infrastructure enables future expansion of the network with simply adding wireless transmitters up to 500 units.
Yokogawa has a proven track record of delivering reliable, scalable and open technologies for a century. ISA100 wireless solutions address the specific challenges of the industrial automation industry while lowering cost of ownership for our end users and maximizing their return on investment.
Chemical plants rely on continuous and batch production processes, each posing different requirements for a control system. A continuous process calls for a robust and stable control system that will not fail and cause the shutdown of a production line, whereas the emphasis with a batch process is on having a control system that allows great flexibility in making adjustments to formulas, procedures, and the like. Both kinds of systems need to be managed in available quality history of product, and to be able to execute non-routine operations. With its extensive product portfolio, experienced systems engineers, and global sales and service network, Yokogawa has a solution for every plant process.
- Diverse needs of petrochemical companies’
- Improve quality, productivity
- Yokogawa tailor-made solutions, long and wide-ranging experience in this field
Related Products & Solutions
EJX530B Wireless In-Line Mount Gauge Pressure Transmitter
The high performance wireless absolute and gauge pressure transmitters EJX510B and EJX530B feature single crystal silicon resonant sensor and are suitable to measure liquid, gas, or steam pressure.
Touch Screen GX10/GX20
- SMARTDAC+ Touch Screen GX10/GX20
- Multi-point touch screen recorder
- Intuitive design
- Web functionality
- GX20 supports 920 MHz band wireless
YFGW410 Field Wireless Management Station
YFGW410 Field Wireless Management Station has system manager/security manager/gateway function based on ISA100.11a, and combining this with Field Wireless Access Point(YFGW510) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter(YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
YFGW510 Field Wireless Access Point
YFGW510 Field Wireless Access Poin has backbone router function based on ISA, and combining this with Field Wireless Management Station (YFGW410) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter (YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
YFGW520 Field Wireless Access Point
YFGW520 Field Wireless Access Poin has backbone router function based on ISA, and combining this with Field Wireless Management Station (YFGW410) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter (YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
- Flexible wireless solutions
- Enables less investment in infrastructure
- Provides greater insights into plant operations
Contact a Yokogawa Expert to learn how we can help you solve your challenges.