The EJX-A series is Yokogawa's premium performance line of DPharp transmitters. Released in 2004, it offers the performance and stability needed in demanding applications. The EJX-A series performance makes it the the thoroughbred of the DPharp family of pressure transmitters.
The EJX438A is a Gauge Pressure Transmitter with a Remote Diaphragn Seal in the series.
The EJX438A Standard features include:
- ± 0.15% Accuracy
- 200 ms Response Time
- Exida and TUV SIL2 / SIL3 Certified
- Capillary Fill Fluid Density Compensation
- Local Parameters Setting (LPS)
Explore how the EJX438A can help you Boost your bottom line.
Plants run better with Yokogawa differential pressure transmitters.
At it's heart, Yokogawa's differential pressure transmitter with DPharp digital sensor offers the performance and device intelligence needed to get greater insight into your process.
Yokogawa's DPharp digital sensor offers twice the performance and stability of the competitor's analog sensors. The DPharp uses the latest in IC Chip-style design and manufacturing technology. Analog sensors are based on older design technology. Although analog sensors are good, the modern DPharp sensor out performs them. A Yokogawa transmitter with DPharp digital sensor will give you the consistent, reliable, accurate measurement you need.
Poor Performance = Lost Money
All remote seal systems on the market use fill fluid to 'transmit' the process pressure from the remote diaphragm seal to the pressure sensor in the transmitter. The physical properties of the fill fluid change as process temperature and ambient temperature change causing the transmitter to measure inaccurately. This effect gets worse as the capillaries get longer. The key is to filter out this 'noise' to get an accurate, consistent, reliable measurement. Yokogawa has a superior design, manufacturing process, and features to reduce this 'noise'.
Signal characterization is a versatile function available on all Yokogawa pressure transmitters. The function is used to compensate the analog 4 to 20 mA output signal for non-linear applications. Such applications include tank strapping or flow measurements; but, it can be used in any application where the relationship between the pressure input and the desired output signal are known. This feature can use up to 10-points.
Greater Flexibility = Found Money
Ruggedly constructed differential pressure transmitter can help your plant reduce failures. Yokogawa's DP transmitters have construction features that are designed to allow it to outlive your plant. Four-bolt pressure retaining design, Active DPharp sensor, and dual seal certified to ANSI/ISA 12.27.01 - all design features to extend the life of the transmitter.
Ruggedness = Reliability
All Yokogawa pressure transmitters are designed and certified to IEC61508:2010 Parts 1 through 7 and IEC61511:2004 Parts 1 through 3. They are certified for single transmitter use in SIL 2 safety applications and dual transmitter use in SIL 3 safety applications with no special option required. With Yokogawa EJX-A transmitters, no longer will you have to maintain two seperate inventories - one for production applications and one for safety applications.
Inherently Safe = Reliability.
Routine maintenance is easier with Yokogawa differential pressure transmitters.
Extended Calibration Intervals
Yokogawa EJX-A series pressure transmitters have a long-term stability all operational conditions. As you gain experience with these transmitters, you will be able to extend the time between calibration checks.
Quicker Maintenance = Less Downtime
Multiple Communication Options
Yokogawa offers several platforms to communicate to your transmitter.
FieldMate is a PC based communication platform that can communicate with your transmitter and manage your entire instrument inventory.
FieldMate HHC is a traditional hand-held platform that allows you to take that information into the field.
Forgot your HHC? No problem. The LPS feature on the transmitter allows you to update 9 parameters without the use of an HHC.
Quicker Maintenance = Less Downtime
|Primary Variable||Gauge Pressure|
|Primary Variable||±0.15% of Span|
|Primary Variable||200 ms|
EJX438A Process Connections
|Process connection Type||Size||Extension||Flange|
|N/A||JIS 10K, 20K, 40K, 63K|
|ANSI 150#, 300#, 600#|
|JPI Class 150, 300, 600|
|DIN PN10/16, 25/40, 64|
|JIS 10K, 20K, 40K|
|ANSI 150#, 300#|
|JPI Class 150, 300|
|DIN PN10/16, 25/40|
EJX438A Capsule Ranges
Graphics not to scale.
A flushing ring a round device that is place between the diaphragm seal and the process connection. The device has two 1/4-inch ports that can be used to run a flushing solution across the face the seal to clean it. If you need a different size port, Yokogawa also offers Flushing Rings supplied by a global partner WIKA.
Yokogawa manufactures a communicator for your needs. Yokogawa communicators are available for BRAIN Protocol, HART Protocol, FOUNDATION Fieldbus, PROFIBUS PA, ISA100, or Modbus. All out communicators are compatible with Yokogawa products as well as other products on the market.
Yokogawa offers a range of loop powered and FOUNDATION Fieldbus remote indicators that can be used to locally monitor data from field instruments installed in difficult to access locations.
Discover the safety features built-in to the Yokogawa digital pressure sensors (DPharp).
- EJX and EJA-E Series Differential Pressure and Pressure Transmitters Installation Manual (7.2 MB)
- EJX118A, EJX438A, EJA118E, EJA438E Diaphragm Sealed Differential Pressure and Pressure Transmitter (5.1 MB)
- DPharp Fieldbus Communication Type (3.7 MB)
- DPharp HART 5/7 Communication Type (12.2 MB)
- DPharp BRAIN Communication Type (2.7 MB)
- DPharp PROFIBUS PA Communication Type (6.2 MB)
- EJX/EJA-E series NEPSI Certification[Option code: /NF2, /NF21, /NS21, /NS24 and /NS25] (622 KB)
- Manual Change 22-25E: EJX/EJA-E series NEPSI Certification[Option code: /NF2, /NF21, /NS21, /NS24 and /NS25] (312 KB)
- EJX438A Diaphragm Sealed Gauge Pressure Transmitter (2.0 MB)
- EJX438A Diaphragm Sealed Gauge Pressure Transmitter (Inner Diaphragm type) (1.7 MB)
- EJX Series HART 5/HART 7 Communication (2.5 MB)
- EJX Series FOUNDATION Fieldbus Communication (878 KB)
- EJX Series PROFIBUS PA Communication (853 KB)
- EJX-A Series and EJA-E Series Explosion Protected Type and Marine Certificate Type (632 KB)
- Functional Safety Manual (730 KB)
- Fieldbus Technical Information (1.0 MB)
- Functional Safety Manual exida Certification (411 KB)
- Diaphragm Seal Fill Fluid Specifications (451 KB)
- Field Guide- Yokogawa Diaphragm Seal Transmitter (DFS) (513 KB)
- Drawings - EJX438A (Transmitter Body Section) (268 KB)
- EJX438A Diaphragm Sealed Pressure Transmitter(Diaphragm seal section, Flush type, No ring) (242 KB)
- CMPL - EJX-A Series Transmitter Section (261 KB)
- Drawings - EJX438A (Diaphragm Section) (Flush Type with Ring) (216 KB)
- Drawings - EJX438A (Diaphragm Seal Section) (Extended Type) (225 KB)
- 3D CAD Configurator - EJX438A
- CMPL - EJX438A (Pressure Detector Section) (237 KB)
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us