ProSafe-SLS is Yokogawa's solid-state, hard-wired safety instrumented system designed to meet the highest safety integrity requirements. The product line meets specific requirements for individual safety instrumented systems and offers all safety integrity levels (SIL 3-4) for the oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical, nuclear and conventional power industries.
ProSafe-SLS SIS is also fully integrated with Yokogawa's CENTUM VP process control system as well as the FAST/TOOLS SCADA software package.
The modular design of the ProSafe-SLS safety system allows for building all kinds of applications, ranging from small HIPS systems to large ESD and F&G systems while maintaining the fastest possible response time to follow any process demand.
ProSafe-SLS provides the ultimate SIS solution when safety allows no compromise.
The ProSafe-SLS is a safety instrumented system that was designed for applications that require the highest Safety Integrity Levels (SIL 3 & 4).
It employs solid-state elements to process the functional logic. This technology is capable of executing all typical safety tasks, featuring Non-Safety-Critical functions such as interfacing with a Human Machine Interface, Process Control System, Sequence of Event Recording, or SCADA system.
The sophisticated design and superior safety performance have created the safety reference standard for solid-state safety instrumented systems.
A radical safety achievement is the elimination of software for an operating system and for self-diagnostics. Instead, a unique inherent self-test technology is employed, throughout all safety-related parts of the ProSafe-SLS system.
A system with a modular approach
|8-channel digital input module|
The modules that are used to build a system solution are grouped in various categories as summarized below:
- Input modules
- Logic & Timer modules
- Output modules
- Power & Clock modules
- Auxiliary modules
- Communication & Interface modules
Interconnection wiring actually programs the application into the system.
Recently, several ARC Advisory Group analysts and management team members had a chance to sit down with the new Yokogawa President and COO, Mr. Takashi Nishijima, and several other top Yokogawa executives to discuss the company's burgeoning presence in the worldwide upstream and midstream oil & gas industry.
Yokogawa has come a long way in making its message clear to the world of process automation. Last year, the company embarked on a full-scale global marketing campaign to make customers aware of the company's focus on system reliability, security, dependability, and robustness. Dubbed "Vigilance", the campaign created a unified message for the company and greatly helped expand awareness of the Yokogawa brand and corporate philosophy.
- Base Chemical
- Biomass Power
- Geothermal Power
- Iron & Steel
- Mining & Metal
- Offshore (FPSO FLNG & FSRU)
- Oil & Gas
- Oil & Gas Downstream
- Pulp & Paper
- Renewable Energy
- Specialty & Fine Chemical
- Waste to Energy
- Water & Wastewater
- Water Treatment
There are already safety systems on the market that have achieved safety integrity level SIL3 of the functional safety standard, IEC61508. However, most of them have achieved SIL3 by conversion of modules into dual-redundant or triplex form.
Environment and safety are major topics on a global scale in recent times. As symbolized by the effectuation of the Kyoto Protocol, an interest in preserving the environment is growing worldwide, and there is also a tendency to criticize more severely, occurrences of industrial accidents that are accompanied by environmental contamination or which may cause damage, etc., to residents in the surrounding areas.
Many published papers discuss the benefits of subsea HIPPS and many studies show the potential cost-benefit analysis of this technology in deepwater applications. An internet search for subsea HIPPS is informative; however, little appears that discusses the systems already delivered and operating successfully.
- ProSafe-SLS Fail-Safe Safety Instrumented System (103 KB)
- ProSafe-SLS Overview (266 KB)
- ProSafe-COM - CD-953-B2 - 10inch local display (174 KB)
- Decoupling Module (181 KB)
- Fuse Module (400 mA fast) (210 KB)
- Fuse Module (50 mA medium slow) (206 KB)
- Fuse Module (2 A fast) (208 KB)
- Line Monitoring Module (24 Vdc outputs, 0.2 - 20 W) (273 KB)
- Line Monitoring Module (normally de-energized inputs) (312 KB)
- System Alarm Module (250 KB)
- Auxiliary Modules - DR-546-01 - Multi Purpose Module (136 KB)
- Power Supply Module (24/24 Vdc) (197 KB)
- Power Supply Module (24/20 Vdc) (218 KB)
- Power Distribution Board (XD-board) (207 KB)
- Clock Module (redundant use) (290 KB)
- Clock Module (285 KB)
- Power Supply Module (24/8 Vdc) (221 KB)
- Analog Data Collector (0-12 V) (247 KB)
- Analog Data Collector (0-1.2 V) (247 KB)
- Digital Data Storage Module (260 KB)
- Output Driver Module with Fail-Safe enable input (242 KB)
- DC Input Data Collector Module (280 KB)
- Digital Input Module (Fail-Safe) (338 KB)
- Analog Input Module (open < 3.8 mA) (637 KB)
- Analog Input Module (open < 2.8 mA) (634 KB)
- Input Modules - AI-917-00 - Analogue Input Module (2x 0-20 mA, 2x 0-10 V) (201 KB)
- Input Modules - AI-917-A0 - Analogue Input Module (4x 0-20 mA) (201 KB)
- Input Modules - AI-917-B0 - Analogue Input Module (4x 0-10 V) (201 KB)
- Input Modules - AI-917-C0 - Analogue Input Module (2x 0-1 V, 2x 0-10 V) (201 KB)
- Input Modules - AI-917-D0 - Analogue Input Module (0-20 mA, 0-1 V, 2x 0-10 V) (201 KB)
- Input Modules - AI-917-E0 - Analogue Input Module (4x 0-1 V) (201 KB)
- Timer Module (0.5 sec - 70 h) (329 KB)
- Fail-Safe Timer Module (333 KB)
- Logic Module (280 KB)
- Logic Module (284 KB)
- Logic Module (272 KB)
- Logic Module (311 KB)
- Logic Module (273 KB)
- Logic Module (286 KB)
- Output Modules - SR-508-00 - Safety Relay Module (82 KB)
- Relay Module (24 Vdc, 0.5A) (289 KB)
- Solid State Inverted Output Module (388 KB)
- Solid State Output Module (374 KB)
- Relay Output Module (pulse input, 0.5A) (351 KB)
- Fail-Safe Output Module (24 Vdc, 20 W) (281 KB)
- Fail-Safe Output Module (24 Vdc, 5 W) (324 KB)
- Lamp Driver Output Module (420 KB)
- ProSafe-COM single card communication system controller (266 KB)
Yokogawa South Africa was appointed to design, supply and commission the Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) as well as the overall Terminal Management System at Sunrise Energy’s liquid petroleum gas (LPG) Import Terminal, the largest on- and offshore open-access LPG import terminal facility in Africa. Yokogawa’s Terminal Management System, Terminal Logistic Suite VP (TLSVP), was designed and developed to meet the exacting operational demands and logistic needs in terminals. Yokogawa’s experienced engineering resources ensured the project was successfully delivered, enabling Sunrise Energy to provide accurate mass balances and efficient terminal operations to its customers.
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us