Magmeter designs can be easily adapted to suit industry requirements and applications: Integral Flange Type, Remote Ceramic Type, Food and Pharmaceutical Sanitary flow meters. Recent advances in magmeter technology include electrodeless magmeters for adhesive applications, installation-cost-effective two-wire magmeters, and fieldbus versions for digital communications applications.
The ADMAG AXF series and ADMAG CA series of flow meters is available in a sanitary version that meets the strict requirements of the food-processing and bio-technology/ pharmaceutical industries.
Magnetic Flow Meter: How It Works
Electromagnetic flowmeters (magmeters) are among the most widely used flowmeter types today. If conditions are suitable for their use, magmeters produce superior results as they rely on a measurement principle that is non intrusive and produces no pressure loss. Magmeters may be used on all commercially available pipe sizes. Here's how magnetic flow meters work:
Magmeters consist of the following elements:
- Non ferromagnetic flowtube
- Non conductive liner
- Excitation coils
The generated magnetic field is perpendicular to the fluid flow direction, allowing measurement of the electromotive force E, which, according to Faraday law of induction (Eflow~ B * v * D), is proportional to fluid flow velocity in the pipe. The overall merits of this design are obvious:
- There is no obstruction in the pipe and therefore no pressure drop caused by the magmeter.
- It works on all commercially available pipe sizes.
- The impact on measurement accuracy by flow disturbances in the media is negligible, thus require less upstream and downstream straight pipe run.
- ADMAG Handbook Frontpage / Yokogawa Flow Solution (7.3 MB)
- Advanced Diagnostics for Increased Process Visibility (1.2 MB)
- Beyond Standard Answer for Your Requirements (Customized Solution) (769 KB)
- Ceramic Liner for Superior Abrasive & Chemical Resistance (1.2 MB)
- Dual Excitation for Stable Measurement in Any Application (960 KB)
- Flow Meter Selection Guide Poster
- Flow Meters History (1.6 MB)
- Magmeters History and Working Principle (1.4 MB)
- PFA Liner Durable under Any Process Condition (1.3 MB)
- Rigid Construction for Installation Flexibility (767 KB)
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us